Chapter 31

Mitch's pov

"There they are!" Ben announced happily after we finished our set of songs. "You guys sounded great as usual."

"Thanks Ben!" Scott chirped happily.

"You all ready to head out?" Ben asked the group, we all nodded and made sounds of agreement.

We talked as we were walking the short distance to Ben's place about all types of things from how the five of us met to the name we had come up with for our band, he thought it was a really good name.

"Here we are." Ben announced as we approached the front entrance to a huge apartment complex. It seems nice, it reminds me of where my aunt lives, it's been a while since I've visited her though. The whole coming out thing made her turn her back on me. It's all good, I never liked her anyways and now the feeling is mutual.

I looked over to my friends who looked up at the building in awe. They all seemed so amazed by it, which amused me. "Come on, we aren't even inside yet." Ben chuckled. We followed him through the front door and towards the elevator.

"Good afternoon Ben!" Called a man behind the front desk.

"Good afternoon Daniel!" he called back.

I watched as Scott leant down and heard him whisper to me. "That Daniel guy, oh damn." He looked back quickly at the man at the front and I did the same. I agree 100% with Scott's statement.

We all stepped into the elevator and I noticed my friends were even taken aback by this small space. They admired every corner and every design. It must've been a long time since they were in such a big building.

"And here we are, my humble home." Ben's 'humble home' just happened to be a penthouse. Yeah, quite the humble home.

"Oh my goodness." Scott said.

"Agreed." Alex added.

"Wow." Kevin chirped.

The words of amazement continued as everyone stood there, not moving, but taking in everything around them. Ben didn't stop them from gawking, he just continued on doing what he was doing. I smiled at the looks on my friend's faces. My attention shifted when I heard Ben walk up beside me. "Root beer?" He asked and held out a can to me. I smiled and accepted the drink. "It's been a while since your friends have been somewhere this big hey?"

"Sure seems like it." I looked back over to my friends and chuckled to myself.

"What about yourself? You don't have that same face that they have on, may I ask why?" He said politely.

"They've been on the streets longer than me." He nodded in response. "Plus, I don't know what kind of place they lived in before but I had relatives living in places like this."

"I see. So, you think we should snap them out of it or you want to let them stand around. We can go watch some tv." He joked.

"I think I can snap them out of this." I said confidently.

I walked over closer to Scott and tugged on his sleeve. His eyes looked down to me and he smiled.

"We should get to work, don't you think Dopey?"

"Oh right, we're here for a reason, aren't we?" Scott laughed then snapped the other four out of their trance.

We all walked back over to Ben and he smiled at us. "This way." He said as he started walking towards a hallway. We entered into this room with some super high tech looking recording devices. I'm not gonna lie, it's kind of intimidating. "So, first of all, what did you say your name is gonna be?"

"Pentatonix." Scott answered.

Ben asked us a few more questions before we really got started with the music part itself.

"What song are you recording?"

"Cheerleader."

"That's a great song choice, you guys sing it beautifully."

After that, Ben did some stuff in the recording booth then told us it was ready for us to record. So we went in, put the headphones on our heads and got ready to sing. We saw Ben give us a thumbs up as our indication to start, so we did.

No pressure, I reminded myself, no pressure.