Chapter 30

Scott's pov

We hung out for a while at the crawlspace, trying to decide which cover to use and what we would be known as. Every good band has a cool name.

"The Dragons." Avi smiled.

"Avi, that's lame." Kevin laughed at his friend.

"Well you come up with something better." Avi spat at him.

We all searched our brains trying to come up with something that could be our name.

"Keep it short, like one word, but a cool word." Mitch said.

"Probably a word related to music, like a note or a scale or something." Kirstie added.

"Scale..." I thought aloud. "What's a scale we use a lot?" I asked.

"Umm the Pentatonic Scale is used all the time in our music." Kevin answered.

"Pentatonic?" Mitch suggested.

"I got it. The letter x makes everything cooler, how about Pentatonix?" I said.

"I like it." Alex added.

There were some sounds of agreement meaning we just found our new name. We are Pentatonix.

*****

I wrapped my arm around the small man cuddled up to me. Mitch's head was rested against my shoulder while his arms were rested close to his chest. I loved these moments. I looked down at him and watched as he slowly shifted so he was looking at me too. "Hey."

"Hi."

"It's been a long day."

"Sure has. It's great having friends and a life and all but not so much when I can't just like kiss you whenever you're being cute." Mitch smiled at me.

"Why can't we? They've already seen it."

"Yeah, speaking of that," he smiled sweetly and punched me in the arm, "you can't just do that in front of our friends!"

"Ow! Also, you're being a buzzkill." I joked.

"Oh shut up." He rolled his eyes.

"Make me." I bit my lip and smiled at him. I watched as his jaw dropped a bit from shock when I said that.

He moved closer so he could kiss me. "I'm still talking." I said when he pulled away.

"Desperate much." He joked and kissed me again. We sat up so his back was against the wall and I was sat in front of him while we kissed. The kiss got deeper as the seconds passed. I could feel Mitch's hands running through my hair, while mine held onto his back.

*****

"Good morning." I chirped to Mitch once I opened my eyes to see him grabbing himself a snack.

"Morning sleepy head."

"Sleep well?" I asked as I usually do.

"Yes sir. And you?"

"Great. Why are you talking so so proper?"

"We are going to meet Mr. Ben Bram at his place today, remember? Just trying to drop some of the attitude." He explained.

"Ah right, that should be a grand time."

"Oh look who it is! The happy duo." Mitch smiled as Kirstie and Alex entered into the crawlspace. We all talked until Avi and Kevin showed up.

"Ready?" I asked the group.

"Ready." They responded as we left the small space.