Chapter 33

Mitch's pov

"Good morning sleepy head." I said to Scott once he finally woke up.

"Hey there loser." he joked back and smiled.

He seemed so much cuter today. He couldn't have physically become more adorable but he just seems more adorable today. I felt great now, getting that off of my chest last night and knowing he loves me back. It made my heart flutter just thinking about it.

"What time is it?" He asked. I looked down at my old watch that I shockingly still had.

"7:25"

"You know, I am still confused why you have that watch anyways. It's just that nobody ever has anything of value out here, but you hardly even take that watch off of your wrist."

"It's um, well it's kind of a memory and a reminder to myself." For some reason I was really struggling to think of how to explain this.

"A reminder? Like what kind? And this memory?" He asked.

"A reminder of hope, that things get better. And a a memory of a time they did." I gave him a very vague, generalized answer.

"A memory of a better time?"

"My first boyfriend." I stated, thinking back on the memory. "I was closeted, and I was terrified out of my mind until he came. I wasn't out to anyone other than my best friend and that boy. After six months, he gave me this watch and told me that... um that he loved me. His family was moving to Europe. This watch symbolized his everlasting love for me. He told me we would find each other one day and be happy. That was a lot for a sixteen year old kid to handle."

"Wow Mitch. I don't know what to say to that. I'm sorry you lost him, he sounded like a great guy."

"Yeah, he was. He probably still is. His name was Travis. My first ever love."

I've only ever told that to one person. Now Scott knows too. I don't know how to feel about that, but I think it's okay.

"Well I will make sure that hope of yours isn't for nothing, I'll take you back to a better place."

"Thank you, Scott."

And that was Kirstie and Alex's cue to jump into the crawlspace. The four of us talked while Scott and I ate. Once we finished up, we started walking down to the corner to meet up with the boys.

We talked for a quick second then got on with our little routine that we do every day.