Chapter 21

Mitch's pov

The six of us made our way back to our crawlspace. I walked hand in hand with Scott while Avi, Kevin, Kirstie and Alex lead the way. It was Scott's idea to bring Avi and Kevin back to the crawlspace, he insisted since they helped me out, that he would at least give them food.

When we made it back to the crawlspace, Scott slipped inside and hopped out with the bag of food.

"Woah," Kevin started, "how'd you get so much food?"

"Oh we sometimes do little song performances for money. The three of us," Scott motioned to himself, Kirstie and I, "we're kind of an a cappella band."

"Rock and ro-." Avi started but I cut him off when I got an idea.

"Oh! Oh my goodness Scott!" I said quickly while I tapped my friend repeatedly on the arm. "Scott! These two can help! Beatboxer and bass!"

"Wait, really?" Kirstie chimed in.

"Yeah! And Kevin is much better at beatboxing than you, Scott." I joked and shot him a smile.

"Well I'm usually a baritone but since someone-" Scott tried to insult me back but was interrupted by Kirstie.

"Boys, boys, shut up already."

"Wait. So we have me, a tenor, Scott, a baritone, Kirstie, a soprano, Kevin, a beatboxer, and Avi, a bass? It's like the dream team! This is meant to be." I said, sounding very excited. Everyone chuckled at my enthusiasm.

"If you two would like, we could use you and then we could be considered a real band. You in?" Scott properly asked my two new friends.

"America." Avi said, leaving us all confused.

"America?" Kirstie asked awkwardly which caused Avi and Kevin to laugh.

"Yes, we're in." Kevin answered for himself and his friend.

"Epic." Scott said.

"You guys wanna hear us?" Kirstie asked and the boys responded by nodding.

We all kinda glared at each other, trying to decide on one of our covers.

"Dear No One?" I asked. This was one of my favourites.

"By Tori Kelly?" Kevin chimed in and I hummed in response. "My queen!"

"Oh my goodness, same!" We fangirled for a second before Kevin demanded that we did that song.

Scott, Kirstie and I found the note then Scott started with the beat and I quickly came in with the lyrics.

We didn't quite finish the song but we sang about half before stopping and looking at the duo that we were performing for.

"Wow. That was stunning." Kevin complimented us.

"You guys are so talented!" Avi chimed in.

We all quietly thanked them then asked to hear them. They started doing their thing and even I was taken aback. They did a beat much more upbeat than what I heard them do before and they were incredible. When they stopped we all kinda just stood there, our jaws dropped and our eyes wide. Scott was the first to start clapping then Kirstie, Alex and I joined in.

"That was.. so... wow." Scott tried to make a proper sentence but failed.

"Yeah I agree." Alex and Kirstie said in sync.

"Told you guys they were good." I spoke up.

"You said good, not like fricken amazing enough to win a Grammy or something." Scott said back which made us all laugh.

"So we're all good with this being a thing now? A five person a cappella band?" I asked the group and everyone nodded and made noises of agreement.

"Everyone?" Scott repeated and quickly glanced at me.

"Yes." I answered, knowing the question was directed at me, and not the others.

"Okay." He said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

This is cool. What are the odds that 5 misfits that can all sing would meet up and form a street band? It's really weird how things can turn out sometimes. But hey, I'm not complaining.