Grief

Marinette was just on her bed in excruciating pain.

Nothing had healed completely so she wasn't in the best state at the moment.

Since it was a Saturday and she had nothing to do so she wore some shorts and a t-shirt. If anyone were to see her they could tell she'd been injured.

At this point Marinette didn't care she had band aids everywhere, making it really obvious.

She just prayed that he wouldn't show up.

Too late.
--------------------------------------
Marinette looked up to hear a tap on her balcony entrance.

She put on a jacket and quickly put on some sweatpants.

It's weird how she told herself she didn't care, but here she is dressing up in a panic.

She once again climbed the ladder in sheer pain.

"Hi Chat." She said with a light grin.

"Hey there princess. Feeling better?" He smirked.

"A bit." She said as she slowly climbed down.

While he jumped down and sat on her swivel chair.

He just stared at her.

"Is there something you need?" She asked.

He got a bit flustered.

"Oh um not really I just wanted to check on you." He grinned sheepishly.

"Also...I wanted to find out why you were acting so strange yesterday." He said.

If she had a drink she would've most likely spit it out by now.

"I wasn't acting strange yesterday!" She pouted.

"I might not know you all that well...." He paused as he realized he actually never really knew Marinette.

"But I know you well enough to see when you're not acting like yourself." He said hoping it made sense.

"So what?" She said admitting that she wasn't herself.

"I don't know it just worried me a bit that's all." He said looking down.

"Haha..you don't have to worry trust me I'm fine." She smiled as she put an arm on his shoulder to reassure him everything was alright.

He smiled, but then quickly caught a glimpse of a band aid on her arm.

He shook it off knowing it was probably a baking incident.

---------------------------------
They actually started talking for a while since Adrien wanted to get to know Marinette better.

It was getting pretty late.

She yawned and stretched her arms.

Bad idea.

He caught more glimpses of band aids on her other arm.

He suddenly grabbed her arm and she winced in pain.

The scars still hadn't fully healed so she felt pain at the sudden grip.

"What was that for?" She said gritting her teeth and trying to stop him from rolling up her sleeves.

Too late now.

He'd already rolled them up an he just looked at her arms in total shock.

She sighed wishing she could've kept all of this a secret.

He gave her a stern look.

She slowly took off her sweater revealing the rest of the bruises and marks.

He brows furrowed.

"Who,what,when,where,why." He asked sternly and coldly.

"It's no big deal." She said hoping to change the topic. She failed incredibly.

"No big deal! You look like you just got hit by a truck!" He said angrily.

"Gee thanks..." She said looking down.

"Hey...I didn't mean it that way...I just..." He fumbled around with his words.

"I know." She said still looking down.

He grabbed her chin and pulled her face towards his. He was completely oblivious to how weird that was for her.

"Listen to me. If anyone ever does this to you again I'll make sure they never see the light of day." He said completely serious.

Marinette on the other hand was completely flustered.

"Jeez there's no need to go that far. I mean Chloe can be a bit over-" Marinette quickly covered her mouth realizing what she had just said.

His eyes widened.

"She did this." He said bitterly.

"Well she didn't. She got someone to do it for her." Marinette sighed.

"She was angry at me for getting close to Adrien, so she decided to have a friend of hers beat me up." She sighed.

He just looked at her in guilt.

She hurt such an amazing person because...of me? He thought to himself.

"Before I could do anything I blacked out. When I woke up she left a mark on me." She said showing him the distinct cuts on her wrists that spelled out..

Stay away

He balled his fists.

She seemed so calm!? Why?

He just hugged her. That's all he could do for her. He even started tearing up a bit.

"Hey come on now kitty, I'm okay.." She said reassuringly.

He pulled away and smiled.

"I know, I was just scared." He said as he cupped her cheek.

"Uhhhhh....." She said looking at the hand on her cheek.

She was caught off guard when Chat suddenly pulled her into a warm kiss.

He pulled away quickly.

"I'm gonna make sure no one ever harms my princess." He smirked.

He then leaned back in to the kiss.

"Chloe's gonna pay whether she likes it, or not." He smirked to himself.

"Geez be quiet you huge fur ball." Marinette blushed.

--------------------------------------
Hello beautiful people! Sorry for such the long wait! Once again school has kept me very busy. Don't worry I have a 4 day weekend so I'll be writing a lot more stories and shots. As always hoped you all enjoyed, if you have any request don't be shy to comment down below, and I love each and everyone of ya! Stay tuned bye <3