Chapter 6 - Joining The Scouts

(A/N): I'm updating early this time! Hooray! Onto the story! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

Kaito and I opened the wooden door anxiously and stepped in. There at the dark spruce desk sat a tall man with ice blue eyes. His body was bulging and muscular as if his clothes were going to rip. I recognized Hanji and Levi, who stood on opposite sides of the desk. A man who we didn't know with a body type similar to the man with icy blue eyes hovered over Kaito and me, oddly sniffing us like a dog. I frowned and shuffled my feet with discomfort and fortunately, he stopped as quickly as he started. The man with icy blue eyes sent me a small, welcoming smile and gestured for us to come forward. I hesitated but stepped forward. He began to speak. 

"(Y/N), yes? My name is Erwin. I am the Commander of the Survey Corps." His voice was deep and firm, no scratch that I could hear. I nodded with a poker face and Kaito did the same. I wasn't sure if it was evident how uncomfortable the entire situation was for me, considering Kaito's personality changed drastically. It made my blood run cold. Not only that, but I especially disliked the fact that Levi kept staring at me like I was going to pounce and bite their heads off.

 "Please, sit down. We can discuss where we go from here." Again, I hesitated. It wasn't every day something like this happened, and I didn't want to be treated like a child. I knew how this life worked. Rules, deaths, training. I didn't need nor want these things. Not only that, but this is Kaito's previous life. If they found out he was alive, there for sure be a case. A case with the military police never ended well. They'd accuse him of treachery and punish him with God knows what. Kaito tugged on my sleeve, looking at me knowingly and we sat down.

"From what we know, you live outside the walls and help out on expeditions. Why is that exactly?" Erwin asked, flipping through some pieces of paper before looking up at me with those glistening icy blue eyes.

"Well," I tried to find the words, not wanting to expose everything about myself. "When I was young, I snuck out the walls for...personal reasons. When I was stable, I went into the deep, deep forest. Farther than you have ever gone. Titans there were rare and when I saw them, they never seemed to bother me. Soon, I managed to find my way back towards the walls where the Titans were vicious and killed, so I learned to kill them. Not long after I found Kaito. He moved in with me and it just became an endless cycle." Kaito looks over at me, a platonic love in his eyes. It seems as though he always understood when I needed comfort. 

"Why exactly don't the Titans attack there? Maybe they're sick, or they don't eat meat?" Hanji started muttering theories to herself and Levi scoffed, making it obvious he was annoyed. The raven ettle snapped at the woman, but she just smiled with pleasure as she put together possibilities in her head. Erwin silenced the couple and looked over at Kaito and I once more. "(Y/N), I would like to propose a compromise." His icy blue eyes pierced my own. I felt intimidated like I wanted to immediately accept no matter what it was. Suddenly, I saw the appeal in him being Commander. Kaito gripped my hand lightly but kept a calm composure. I decided to do the same.

"What is it?" I asked, leaning back and crossing my legs. "You and Kaito clearly have skills that could benefit the scouts in our upcoming expeditions. You've done this in the past, so it would seem that this won't affect you or your lifestyle majorly. In conclusion, I would like you to join the Scout Regiment." Honestly, I hadn't expected that. My eyes widened only slightly before they went back to normal. My grip tightened more this time. I needed time to think this out, go over all the options. Never be tied down. 

"We accept," Kaito announced. I resisted the urge to disagree; Kaito always knew what was best on a time limit. "However, we will only stay for a year. This is only to show we aren't a danger and this stays between us. Flexible agreement." I let out a sigh, which didn't go unnoticed by Levi. That pestering Captain. Erwin looked between the other three authorities. Levi shrugged. He knew they couldn't make another deal. "Fine then." Erwin agreed, nodding as the sun kissed his blonde locks. "We will assign to you a squad tomorrow evening. You are dismissed." I nodded softly, standing up with Kaito and walking out.

--

Kaito's POV

As soon as we stepped out the room, I grabbed (Y/N)'s hand quickly. "If things go south, we leave. Alright?" I only said a few words, hoping she put everything else together. She nodded, her orbs staring at me with a soft expression. We headed downstairs to the training grounds and watched the unassigned scouts and sorted scouts dueling one another. Some waved while others ignored us. 

Eren approached me, asking me (Y/N) to train with him and the rest of the cadets. I accepted with a shrug and watched out the corner of my eye as (Y/N) went off to challenge some girl who looked oddly similar to Levi. I went off with Eren and we got into our stances. Confidence emitted from Eren that I assumed made others nervous. Little did he know, I've dealt with men exactly like him. 

"I hope you don't expect me to hold back, Kaito!" Eren yelled. I shook my head with a smile. "Of course not." He charged with full force, acting on instinct. I dodged his attack, but he seemed to expect the worst. Eren dropped to the ground and kicked my ankles and jumped up as I landed on my back. He got on top of me, attempted to choke me. I swiftly grabbed his wrist and twisted it backward and to the side and he cried out in pain. Eren grunted as I pushed him off of me, holding his probably sprained wrist in his other hand. I smiled lightly as he stood up with determination and a harsh glare in his eyes. He charged again and I grabbed his bad arm, flipping his entire body. He grunted loudly as his back hit the sandy grass and I heard the distant cry of the girl (Y/N) was fighting. 

I turn to the two women and see (Y/N) grab her waist from behind, flipping the raven-ette over her own body and the familiar sound of a body hitting the ground ran through my ears. The girl tried to take out (Y/N) legs but failed as (Y/N) had already moved to the side. Other cadets ran to both Eren and the girl's aid, presumably taking them to the infirmary. I hadn't even noticed the crowd we created until some authority figure who I didn't know yelled for everyone to get back to work. 

(Y/N) came up to me, panting still evident in her voice as she spoke. "Will we like it here, Kai?" I shook my head with a sigh, looking around at the training cadets. "I don't know, (Y/N)," I admitted. "I don't know."

--

Levi's POV

I watched intensely as the two new cadets fought Jaeger and Ackerman. I clicked my tongue, disappointed with the performance of the two. Did they not know not to turn their back to their opponent? Did they not know they shouldn't charge with confidence, but strategy? I'd have to remind myself to give them extra duties. My attention was brought to the new girl. I would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to her. "No, Levi. You know nothing about her." I thought, but my desires seemed to overpower the previous thoughts as I thought more about her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N): Hellloooo my lovelies I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It took my 3 hours because I kept procrastinating but hey I got it done so yay! Have a wonderful morning, evening, night or day wherever you are and I hope to see you in the next chapter! Byeeeeeee!