Chapter 3: Facing The Past

[NOT EDITED]

"Chief can I talk with you?" she asked him standing by the door in his office, he looked at her and nodded and signaled her to enter, she entered and closed the door. He signaled her to sit down and she did, "Im sorry for running out like that I know it was wrong but..." she didn't get to finish because he interrupted her "Dawson it's okay I understand, I really was expecting your reaction" Chief Boden said causing Dawson to be speechless. "When does he start?" she asked him she knew he would be starting soon. Chief Boden took a deep breath "He will be starting tomorrow" Dawson eyes widened, she wasnt expecting him to start so fast. She just nodded her head "Okay then Im just going to go back to the kitchen" but he stopped her before she could even stand up.

"I know this will be very hard for you Dawson but are you..." but this time she interrupted him. "Chief it will be okay you know I like to keep things professional my life doesn't come into this house" she said faking a smile. "Are you going to tell him about Andy?" he asked her surprising her. "No I mean I would love for him to know about his son but he moved on and has a new fiancée to think about telling him would only ruin his new life" she said and with that Chief nodded and she walked out of his office and to the kitchen where everyone else was at. Once they seen her they stayed quiet, they didn't know what to tell her.  "Please stop it all of you guys dont treat me with kid gloves I cant take it, I take it that everyone knows that Casey will be working here and Im okay with that, I need to be okay with that, but there is one thing that I ask of all of you, Casey cannot know that we have a son." she said and she seen their confused looks.

"As all of you know he is already with somebody else actually they are engaged and I dont wan to tell him because its obvious that he has his own life already and I have my life with my son, so I dont want all of this to just create more drama so please dont tell him anything." she finished saying, Shay was the first one to stand up and walk over to her and side hugged her "If that's what you want then I wont say anything" which caused Dawson to smile. Little by little everyone started to agree and said that they would not say anything about Andy. Then Dawson noticed that Severide had not spoken and then he walked out of the kitchen to the locker room, she decided to go check up on him. "Hey you okay?" she asked him once she entered the locker room and saw him just sitting on the bench. He looked at her "He is my best friend Gabby no matter what he is my best friend and I just cant keep something like this especially now that he is back in Chicago." he stated.

Dawson let out a sigh and sat down next to him, "Dont you think I know that but its for everybody's best intersed that he doesn't know about Andy, it will only bring problems to him to me, an plus I dont even know how he will react will he even want to know his son, will he deny that he is the father? there is so much on jeopardy here Severide I cant expose my son to know the truth of his father and get his hopes high that his dad return and then when Casey doesn't want nothing to do with him then it will only crush him I am protecting everybody in this situation you have to understand that" she explained. He looked at her and nodded his head "Im not okay wit this but your the mother and I cant just betray you especially my godson I love him to much to see him hurting." with that they hugged and the alarm went off indicating a emergency.

It as close to the end of shift when Dawson received a text message from her brother inviting her over for dinner because Laura was going to have company over and they wanted her to come over, she really didn't want to go because she already know who her company was, but she knew that her brother was worried about her and if she didn't go he would keep bugging her, plus her son wanted to see his cousins even though he barely seen them 2 days ago but they got along so well that they wanted to spend all their free time together, she texted back and said yes and kept going with her day. Finally after 6pm her shift was over she walked to her car and went home. Whens he got home she heard her son laughing with the babysitter.