Chapter 22: Plan to get him back

[NOT EDITED]

*Lauren's POV*

*2 Months Before*

I was furious everything I that I was in fear of happened, Matt left me for Gabby and their bastard son. This couldn't be happening to me, I had to be there for him for so many years while he kept on thinking about her. I was there pretending to be his friends so he could finally see me as a woman and not his friend. When he finally seen me and gave me a chance I knew I couldn't let him go. When we came to live in Chicago I was always in fear that he would leave me for her, and it got worse when Matt told me that he had a son with her, of course I tried to convince him that the kid wasnt his but he wouldn't hear any of that he was positive that it was his.

I hated her before I even met her because even though I knew Matt and I were engaged he still had feelings for her especially after finding out that they had a son together. As the days went by after knowing the truth he would spend more and more time at her house and less and less time with me. In that moment I knew I was losing him to her and I couldn't let that happened. It got me more mad when he wouldn't want to bring the kid to our house and he also didn't want us to meet. He told me that it was too soon that he just wanted to spend time with his son before anything. I understood but it wasnt like I was his girlfriend and in some months we would break up we were engaged I his family.

After seeing how his son was a threat I decided to do something about it, something in which he could spend all the time he want with the kid and a way where he didn't have to see Dawson a lot anymore. I decided to fight for custody, I know that when Matt finds out about what im going to do he will be upset but when I tell him that he will be able to spend more time then he already is spending then he will be okay with it. As much as I dont want any kids I would have to tolerate his kid, anything to get my man back. The next day I went to my office and started the paper work for custody, I couldn't wait for the paper work to be in the process hopefully this would make Dawson hate Matt and they never speak again.

As expected Matt was upset at me for fighting for custody of his son, of course I gave my excuse of wanting him to be with his son, but I was surprised to see that he did not believe me. I dont know how but he knew that I was doing this out of spite he demanded me that I stop this but I couldn't I didn't want to I couldn't let her take Matt away from me. As much as I hated to dismiss the petition I knew that if I didn't Matt would do something like call of our engagement and that would ruin my plans so as much as I hated to do it I called of the petition, now I just had to find a way to get Casey to have his son without seeing Dawson. Even though there would be no more custody battle Casey was still upset at me and wasnt talking to me.

Then last night he didn't come and when I woke up this morning he came home and saying he was only here to get a change of clothes because Dawson and his son were in an accident and he had to be there for his son. "Is it really for your son? Or you want to be there for her?" I asked him as he was about to leave. "Don't start with me, I am worried about my son and yes about Dawson too so just stop" he told me. He didn't even wait for me to respond and left, this was just making things worse between us I had to think of something so he could see that I am still here for him. After a couple of minutes I finally thought of the perfect idea.

The next day I woke up pretty early, earlier then I usually wake up got ready but I got dressed nicer than I have before. I decided last night that I would go to the hospital before going to work to see Casey and pretend to care about his son, of course I had to act concerned about Dawson to even thought I hoped she was the one that got injured the worse. After getting dressed and liked how I looked I got my purse and walked out of the house. After driving 20 minutes I found a parking spot in the hospital lot and parked and made my way through the emergency room, after asking what room Dawson was in I made my way to her room and seen Casey there with Dawson. It made me so upset but I had act natural.