Chapter 15: Getting Passed The Drama

[NOT EDITED]

*Dawson's POV*

After walking out of Casey's office I went to go find Shay but I didn't find her she was probably talking to Severide I didn't want anybody else to see me like how I was so I went to the locker room to try to calm down. As I sat there a voice scared me "Hey you okay?" Clarke asked me and I simply nodded not really able to talk, he looked at me and sat down besides me "Come on Gabby tell me what is going on I know you and I know something is bothering you you dont trust me anymore?" he asked me. "Its not that Clarke its just complicated" I told him. "Then tell me and maybe I can help you out."

"Well its Casey I just got court papers where he wants custody of Andy and he has all these demands he wants to take Andy away from me and I just dont know what to do" I said almost crying. He got closer to me and side hugged me "Hey hey dont cry Im not going to let him get away with this, that son of a bitch I always knew he had something planned and now this" Clarke said. I shook my head because I honestly didn't expect Casey to do something like this not even anything else I thought he was happy with visiting Andy at my house yes maybe he was tired of it but I wasnt comfortable with letting him take Andy by himself just yet. "Do you think its possible to reschedule our date tonight I really dont feel like going out all I want to do is go home and be with Andy" I asked him and he nodded "Of course I would expect you to do anything else but you need company?" he asked me.

I shook my head as nice as it was of him asking I wanted it to be me and Andy by ourselves tonight. The alarm went off and it was only for the paramedics so I thanking Clarke I walked out of the locker room and went to the ambulance luckily Shay was already in the drivers seat after putting my seatbelt on she drove off, I guess she noticed how quiet I was "What's wrong?" she asked me and I just couldn't hold it back anymore and began to cry she looked over at me and kept asking me what was wrong. "Casey, he wants custody of Andy, I just got the custody papers today" I told her as I wiped the tears away, I could tell my her face that she was surprised "No how could that bastard do that to you after everything he put you through now he wants custody of Andy, I honestly thought he changed but I guess not" Shay said before she parked in front of the emergency call.

I wiped the tears and got off the ambulance I wasnt going to let this affect my work so after attending the patient we took him to Lake Shore and before going back to the firehouse we stopped Sam's to get a milkshake with fries Shay knew that is what I would get when I was feeling overwhelmed and today was one of those days. We took it to go so as we drove back I explained things better to her and I was lucky that I had Shay as a best friend because she knew exactly what to tell me to make me feel a little better than I was before. I wanted to shift to be over so I could pick up my son, I called my mom to tell her that I would be picking up Andy after all after shift she asked me why but I just couldn't tell her just yet I had to think of my next step.

*End Of Shift*

After saying goodbye and assuring Shay that I would be fine I drove to pick up Andy I was nervous to be honest I still didn't know what I would do but I just had to be with my son right now. After picking him up I tried to act like myself play around with him talk to him but he noticed something was wrong. The light was red and as he talked I zoned out and wasnt even paying attention to him anymore I guess I wasnt even paying attention to driving either because next thing I knew I had my foot on the gas petal and was driving when on my right  side I seen headlights and honking and next thing I knew I was getting hit by another car, I must have run a red light without even knowing it, My eyes closed then I opened them to see the glass from my car were all cracked inside the car and my head was hurting me I reached for my head and then I seen the blood on my hand.