Chapter 10: Anxiously Waiting

[NOT EDITED]

*Dawson's POV*

As I saw Casey walk away to his truck I was feelings so many emotions, happy, sad, confused, awkward. I stood there thinking when I heard someone clear there throat and turned around and saw Clarke still standing there, I totally forgot he was standing next to me. He was looking at me confused "What did Casey want?" he asked me. I didn't know if I should tell him the truth  mean we had gone out on one date were we still friends? What did he expect from me? I took a deep breath and looked at him "I told Casey the truth" I said and his eyes widened "About Andy?" and I couldn't speak so I nodded my head. "Why?" he asked me.

"Because I couldn't hide it anymore" and then I told him about last night how Casey took care of Andy while Laura went to the hospital and how much it hurt me to see Andy talking and just being friendly with his father and neither of them knowing I just couldnt hide it anymore" I explained myself to him. He just stood there neither one of us knowing what to say. "Is this going to change anything about us?" he finally asked I looked at him confused "Casey I bet that he wants to be in Andy's life now which means that you guys will be spending more time together which result in you having feelings for him again so does this change anything between us" he asked me. I looked at him and shook my head "Of course not look they both need to know the truth I couldn't hold it anymore" I told him.

He looked at me and then got ahold of my hand "Your so good even after everything you still want the best to the person that hurt you the most that is why I fell for you" he said I was to shocked to say anything he was practically confusing his feelings for me and here I was just standing in front of him like a idiot. Instead of saying anything I leaned forward and kissed him on his cheek when I moved back I seen him smiling but a big smile from ear to ear. I forced a smile I really was not in the mood for all this all I wanted to do was go home and spent time with my son. After saying goodbye to Clarke I got in my car and drove home after the babysitter left I walked into the kitchen to begin dinner. I walked into his room and seen him doing homework, I smiled as I stood there in the doorway, I truly was lucky to have Andy as my son and I couldn't imagine my life without him.

*Casey's POV*

"So what are you going to do?" Lauren asked me as she sat back down next to me, I shrugged because honestly I didn't. "I need to know he is really your Matt which is why I'm asking you to take a DNA test" she said causing my eyes widened. I couldn't believe she actually is asking me to do that. I shook my head "Im sorry Lauren but I cant do that" I told her causing her to stand up and I could see that once again she is upset, "and why not?" she asked me. "Because I know that he is mine the dates match up and when I first met him I felt something towards him like I already knew but I didn't want to accept it." I explained to her. She rubbed her temples and I could tell she was thinking of what she was going to say so she wouldn't say anything she would regret. "I get it that you think the dates match but you never know and you might have felt something because he is the son of your ex wife so maybe you felt something but not because he is your "son"" the word in air quotes.

I let out a breath before saying something "He is my son Lauren and I really hope you accept him because Im actually going to ask Gabby for some days to have him so I could get to know him better you know have him on my days off and spend nights here" I told her. She looked at me and I couldn't tell she was not okay  with this, "I dont know about this Matt what if you get attached to the kid and then it turns out that he really isn't your and then..." but she stopped and turned around, to face anywhere except my face. "What's wrong please talk to me." I said as walked over to stand in front of her so she could face me.

Then I seen that see was crying "Im just scared that this will affect the possibilities of us having kids like we talk about." she said now I knew why she was so scared of me actually being Andy's dad. "Hey this doesn't change a thing I still want a family with you no matter what but he is my son an I have to be there for him no matter what." I told her, hopefully she understands now. She looked at the floor "I hope he doesn't hate me because his mom and you aren't together anymore, what if Dawson has talked bad about me to him?" she asked I cupped her cheeks and gave her a quick peck on the lips, "Dawson hasn't even told him im his father I dont think she would have even told him about you, I think she will let me do that or at least talk to him together" I told her. I could tell she was still not okay with it but she nodded her head and then I kissed her