Chapter 13: The Surprise

[NOT EDITED]

*Dawson's POV*

After Casey left I was left there thinking about how happy Andy was being with his dad. After turning the light off downstairs I walked upstairs to see my son fast asleep in his bed. I quietly closed the door behind me and made my way to my room, as I took a shower I couldn't help from smiling remembering how Andy and Casey got along. I honestly thought they would be a little distant but Andy really wanted a father and he was happy that it was Matt. When I got out and changed into my pajamas I was now thinking how this would work out. I knew that Casey would want to introduce Andy to Lauren and yes I was a little hesitant to that.

I wasnt jealous but I dont know how I will explain all this to Andy yes he was a smart boy but he would always talk about how he just want it to be his mom, dad , him and hopefully a little sibling in the future. I shook my head and laid down I was tired since tomorrow would be a very long shift. After a couple of minutes just tossing and turning I finally fell asleep. The next morning was the same routine in getting me and Andy ready. As I parked my car I seen that pretty much everybody else was inside already I really needed coffee this morning so instead of going to the locker room first I went to get me a mug of coffee. As I was about to drink it I seen my brother walk in.

He said hello and then asked if we can talk, from the corner of my eye I seen Casey walking towards the kitchen but stopped when he seen us I kept on walking after Antonio outside. "So how did things go last night?" he ask me as we are now standing outside of the firehouse. "They went good Andy was happy that Matt is his dad he didn't want Matt to leave last night, he even tucked him in bed" I explained to him, and I seen a small smile. "That's good I really am happy Gabby I know I might not have been yesterday but I just dont want Andy to get hurt like you did, he is just a little kid but I also know that he deserved to know his father" he said. I had to say what he said caught me off guard, yes I knew that Antonio was always looking out for us but for him to realize that this was the best for Andy was a shock for me but I was happy that he knew it.

"Im sorry too I know you care for him of course you care for him you're his uncle but trust me when I say this everything I have done and will do is in the best interest for Andy Im his mother and I know that it wasnt for you and everybody else I dont know where I would be right now and I am so grateful for everything but Andy also needs his dad in his life and even though Im not to thrilled to spend more time then I have to with Casey I would do it just to see the smile Andy always has now" I told him. He smiled and me and then nodded "I understand and im sorry for flipping out on you but know this I got your back sis" he said as he held out his fist and I bumped it. "Thank you" and with that being said we hugged it out. After that he had to go to work and I made my way inside.

But as I was walking in Clarke walked up to me and we hugged "Everything okay?" he asked me, I smiled and nodded because it was. We said outside for a little longer but then we went inside because I  still had to go to my locker before we got any calls. The rest of the day went smoothly that was until Casey wanted to talk to me we went to his office "So I wanted to ask you something" he said as me sat down. She looked at me and nodded "Yeah what is it?" I asked him. "Well I was wondering how this is going to work I mean with Andy will I be able to have him some days? Will he be able to spend the night at my house?" He asked me. 

"Well I really haven't thought about it Matt I mean you just met him yesterday Im not really comfortable leaving him alone heck I wasn't comfortable leaving him when I had to go back to work im still not when I go out." I explained to him. "I know its too soon but I just want to spend as much time possible with him." he tried to reason with me. I took a deep breath before speaking, "I know you do but there is so much for you to learn about him like do you know if he is allergic to anything, how will you make him eat something that is good for him but he doesn't want to? what time is his bedtime? what time do you wake him up? What are the things that he will need help in?"