Chapter 42: Happy Month

[NOT EDITED]

*Dawson's POV*

Today was my first doctors appointment to see how everything is going so far and to see how far along I am, I was a bit nervous because I haven't been to an ob/gyn since Andy was born. Luckily Chief Boden let Matt miss work today so he can come with me today. "You nervous?" he asked me as he sat next to me I looked at him "yea a little I mean it had been 5 years since I have been here" I explained to him. "yea I guess imagine how I feel" he said and I intertwined our hands "Its going to be okay" I assured him and he kissed me on my cheek. "Gabriela Dawson?" we seen a nurse call out my name by the door. We stood up and walked over to her as she smiled at us and asked us to follow her.

After measuring me and asking me a thousand question we were alone in one of the rooms waiting to be seen by the doctor. After a few minutes of waiting the doctor walked in "Well this sure is a surprise" Kendra who I have known for a while even before I was pregnant, so was a friend of Shay. "Hi Kendra long time no see" I said. "So lets start, Matt?" Kendra asked I could tell she was surprised to see him. She knew that Matt was Andy's father but I guess she didn't know we have been back and about to get married. "Hey Kendra how have you been?" Matt asked as they shook hands. "Good so is this..." she didn't want to ask but she pointing back to me and Matt. "Yes this is our second baby together" I said. "Okay well lay down and lets start" she said.

"So it seems like you are about 5 weeks along so a little over a month" Kendra said as I cleaned out the gel from my stomach. "Alright next part is hearing the baby's heart beat" she said as she took out a little machine and rubbed it on my stomach. Then all of a sudden we heard little heartbeats, I could never get tired of hearing this I looked over to see Matt smiling and with tears coming down his eyes just like me. "I cant believe it this is so unreal" he said as he kissed me. Tears started coming down my eyes because not only was this another beautiful experience but because Matt was with me this time around. "Alright everything seems to be good but I am going to give you some vitamins like last time and ill set your appointment in 4 weeks which means you will be 9 weeks along" Kendra said and then walked out of the room.

I put down my shirt and got up but before I could even walk out of the room Matt stopped me and then kissed me which surprised me but then I kissed him back "Thank you" he said once we pulled apart, "For what?" I asked him confused. "For this and for Andy" he said as he placed his hand over my stomach, which of course gave me butterflies. "I love you" I told him and kissed him one more time before walking out of the room. "So you said you want to tell everybody after your first trimester right? that means in 7 weeks we will be able to tell everybody?" he asked me and I nodded "Yea but I think I will have to tell Chief before that he wasnt to thrilled with Andy when I didn't tell anybody" I told him. "You waited until after the first trimester too?" he asked me and I looked at him and he knew I was hiding something. "Gabby" he said. "Well I was almost 5 months and nobody could really tell until one day I was undressing and Cruz and Hermann walked in the locker room and seen my belly" I explained to him.

"Well they were so happy that they started telling everybody and well Chief was upset because he said that all that time something could have happened and he needed to know" I said. "Well I agree with Chief well what do you want to do now?" He asked me. "Well this time around I think it would be best to tell Chief but only him nobody else" I said and Matt agreed so we made our way to the firehouse since we still had shift. "Hey Connie Chief in?" Matt asked Connie the receptionist, "Yeah you guys can walk in" she said so we went into Chiefs office. "Casey Dawson what do you guys need?" Chief Biden asked as we sat down. "Well there's something we needed to tell you" I began and he looked at me and nodded, "well I know last time you told me to tell you as soon as possible which is why we are here" I said.  "Gabby are you..." Chief began and I nod.