Chapter 8: Telling The Truth

[NOT EDITED]

*Dawson's POV*

After last night I had cried myself asleep, I honestly didn't know if Lauren asked about Andy's father to be curious or if she was doing it on purpose, after going for some air Clarke came out and said that he already told them that we would be leaving so we wouldn't have to go back in there which I was thankful for. After he dropped me off home I wanted to go pick up Andy from my parents house but Shay came over and we watched movies and ate ice cream. I cried on her shoulder and before I knew it, it was already midnight when she left and I just went upstairs and fell asleep.

It was now 7am on a Saturday and I had shift in an hour in a half I really didn't want to get out of bed but I really couldn't miss work, so after another 5 minutes just starring at the ceiling I kicked off the blankets from me and got up to shower, after a nice warm shower I got dressed and applied some concealer to hide the bags I had from not being able to sleep last night. I walked downstairs and made some coffee and poured it in my to go cup and made my way to my car and drove to the firehouse. Luckily I made it with 10 minutes to spear so I made my way to the locker room to change and was surprised to see Shay and Severide there talking.

Shay looked pissed and was about to tell Severide off but stopped when she seen me she faked a smile and made her way out of the locker room, Severide just shook his head and closed his locker "What's going on? And dont you dare say nothing because I know both of you so spill it" I told him. "She is still pissed about last night and she really just wants to punch Lauren right in the face but im trying to calm her down but she is taking it the wrong way and thinks I am taking their side but Dawson you have to believe me Im not." he said and I dont know why but I just had to laugh "Severide its okay honestly yes it bothered me her question from last night but you have nothing to do with that, I understand that you and Casey are friends all of this has nothing to do with you Shay just needs to understand." I told him and I could tell her was tense but after what I told him he calmed down.

"Ill talk to her dont worry" I said as I opened my locker and put in my stuff he said goodbye and walked out of the locker room in that moment Clarke walked in. He smiled at me which of course I smiled back and he made his way towards his locker "How are you?" he asked me. I felt bad because I didn't even get to thank him for last night I really was having a good time with him but then Lauren and Casey had to ruin it, after driving me home I didn't even all him to I just ran out of his car and inside my car, he tried to call me but I kept ignoring his calls. "Im good thank you I also wanted to apologize for last night and not answering your calls I just really needed to be alone" I explained to him. I dont know if he meant it when he said he understood. "Well I dont know if this is the moment for this but I wanted to know if you would be up for another date?" he asked causing me to smile at how nervous he was.

I nodded my head which of course he was shocked, "I was also wondering if we can go out alone but if you not okay with that I understand" he said, I could tell that he really wanted me to be comfortable with it all "Yes a date only us would be perfect" I told him which causing his eyes to widened probably surprised with my answer. He smiled and nodded then came in Casey which made it super awkward. I looked away towards my locker to ignore him I really didn't want to see him, he practically ruined our night and I bet he didn't even feel bad about it. The alarm went off for Squad, Truck and ambulance so we all closed our lockers and made our way. After a long day the shift was finally over and I was glad to pick up Andy from my parents house I really missed him. I got out of my car in front of my parents house and rang the doorbell, after a minute my mother opened the door and smiled at me.

"Gabriela what are you doing here?" she asked me I looked at her confused "Im here to pick up Andy mom" I replied to her "But he isn't here anymore Laura said she would pick him up from school so they are probably her house" she said I mentally groaned my parents didn't know anything about what has happened. The main reason I didn't want to tell them anything and I told Antonio not to say anything was because of our father health, he has been really sick and any news can send him to the hospital even worse, I faked a smile and nodded and made my way back to my car and drove over to Antonio's house. She really didn't want to go over there but she needed to pick up her son so she would just suck it up and go over there even if it meant that she would have to see Lauren or Casey.