Chapter 12: Being There

[NOT EDITED]

*Matt's POV*

I got home around 8:45pm and I was tired just spending that little time with Andy was tiring, but I was happy that he accepted me as his dad. As I parked my truck I seen Lauren's car parked there and cursed at myself all this time I left my cell in the truck I didn't even bother checking it when I got in the truck. I picked it up and seen that it was off, the battery must have died I shook my head and knew that once I got inside she would be upset with me. I made way out of the truck and towards the house and walked in only to see that the lights were all out. I was really hoping that she would be asleep.

I made my way upstairs and seen her laying down on her side facing the window, I was happy that she was asleep. I carefully made my way to my drawer and took out a pair of sweatpants and walked into the bathroom to changed. After changing and brushing my teeth I walked out of the bathroom and quietly sat on the bed trying not to wake her up but of course she was awake which startled me. "About time you got home" she said as she sat on the bed. "Lauren please I really am not in the mood to argue I just had the best time with my son.

"So what are you trying to say that you dont have a good time with me?" she asked me, I let out a sigh. "You know that's not what Im trying to say I'm just tired I have a really big day tomorrow and I just want to rest Im tired." he said as he laid down and she did the same as she scooted closer to him and then laid her head on his chest and she wrapped her arm around his waist. "So how did it go?" he was surprised at how fast she dropped the subject and now she was once again being nice to him. He wanted to ask her but he didn't want to get into another argument so he didn't ask. "It went great actually he was happy that I'm his dad he spent all day telling me about himself and showing me his room and his picture of his family then he asked me to stay for dinner" I told her.

She just smiled at me "I'm happy that you're happy Matt you deserve it, so what now?" she asked me and I looked at her confused "What do you mean?" I asked her. "Well yeah is he going to be spending time here? When I'm I going to meet him?" she asked me. "Honestly I dont know anything Lauren I mean I just meet him today. We haven't talked about what days to visit and I think its a little to soon for me to be bringing him here" I replied to her. "You mean it's to early for me to meet him because that's what Dawson's wants." she said. I immediately shook my head "none of that Lauren I just think you're moving heading of time I mean I haven't asked her when I can visit him again and you're thinking about bringing him here already." I explained to her.

I was not sure if she understood me but she just nodded her head, "Im sorry Im just really excited to meet your son that's all" I looked at her in her eyes and leaned down to kiss her. "Im glad to hear that and I promise as soon as I talk to Dawson and sort all of this I promise I will introduce you to him when I get the chance" I told her and she smiled. After that we both fell asleep of course her in my arms.

*Next Day*

I woke up to see that Lauren had already left I sighed but none the less got up and took a shower and got changed and walked out of my house at the same time that I seen Antonio walking out of his house. I know he seen me but he kept on walking towards his car completely ignoring me. I just hope that now that I know that Andy is my son he will change his attitude with me. I know he is still mad about what I did to his sister but she forgave me, I just really was hoping that everybody at the firehouse and everybody else that was my friend would forgive me, but it wasnt looking like they would forgive me anytime soon.

I finally got to the firehouse and seen Severide and Shay outside talking, I thought they would ignore me well Shay actually but she didn't she actually told me good morning which was a surprise. "So you're not mad at me anymore?" I asked her. "I still am but Im trying to be civil for Dawson and of course Andy but that doesn't mean I like you again." she said and with that she walked in the firehouse. After a couple minutes I walked in too with Severide, I was surprised to see that Dawson was still not there but not even a minute later I seen her walking in.