Chapter 33: Intimate Night

[NOT EDITED]

*Gabby's POV*
When I first picked Matt up from the hospital I didn't ask him anything I know it was rough for him because no matter what he could have been the father. When we got home he was still quiet even during dinner which was weird because he was always laughing and talking but not today. I know it was hard because of the baby but I didn't think it would take a toll like this. I even let Andy watch tv just to talk to Matt and when he flipped out I just walked away. I was upstairs fixing the bed when I heard the door close, that was weird. I walked downstairs to see Andy sitting there watching tv. "Baby where's daddy?" no asked him. "He left" was all he said I knew that Matt wasn't going to tell him where he went so instead I went back upstairs to get my phone.

I don't know why I called him and expected him to answer me when he ignored my call twice and then I called him the third time he had his phone turned off. I didn't know I was crying until I felt tears running down my cheeks I wiped them and gave myself a minute before going back downstairs. I wasn't going to let this mess me up I just wish Matt would talk to me instead of lashing out on me and leaving. Thankful Andy didn't pick up on Matt's hostile behavior and did what I asked him to do, after tucking him in and reading a bed time story he finally fell asleep and I went to my room and laid down. Sleep did not come easily for me, I kept on tossing and turning wondering about Matt. I wanted to call him but I knew it was pointless since his phone was off.

It wasnt until 11pm when I got a text message from Severide saying that Matt was going to crash at his and Stella's place for the night, I was relieved that he was okay but disappointed at the same time, I wish Matt could be more open about his feelings and what he his thinking. I ended up falling asleep 10 minutes after thanking Severide for letting me know and I woke up to the alarm going off. I noticed that the shower was on and then I seen his coat on the floor. I wanted to talk to him but I did nothing wrong so I think he should be the one to talk to me first. So I headed until Andy's room to wake him up, then I went downstairs to start breakfast. Even thought I was upset at him I still served him food I wasnt going to let the man starve, even though the idea was tempting. Matt and Andy both came down at the same time and of course andy was all smiles, Matt didn't look at me he just went to sit down next to Andy.

I couldn't tell if it was guilt or if he was still angry but I just went about my day placing all 3 plates on the table then went on to serving Andy and I apple juice while I served Matt some orange juice. We sat there eating no one speaking while expect for Andy he just kept on talking while Matt and I would fake a smile and nod our head like if we were listening to him. After eating I went wit Andy upstairs to brush our teeth and when we got down Danielle was waiting for Andy, "hey have you seen Matt?" I asked her and she nodded "Yea he was actually leaving when I got here" she said I just smiled as they left. Great he was still mad but he should have at least waited for me.

I got in my car and drove to the station just as Shay got there too. "Hey" she said as she hugged me then she looked at me confused. "Where's Matt? Why didn't you guys come together?" she asked me. I just shrugged I really couldn't speak or else I would start crying and I wouldn't let that happen. After a minute I finally spoke "After picking him up from the hospital he was just acting different at first I didn't ask him anything but then he lashed out after dinner and left and this morning he didn't even talk to me and he left without me" I told her. She looked at me "So you dont know what happened with Lauren?" she asked me and I shook my head, "she los the baby" she said. "How do you know?" I asked her. "Clarke told Kelly and Kelly told me" she said, now I know why he was like that after all there was a possibility of the baby being his.

"The baby wasn't his Dr. Manning confirmed it and told them, Clarke was the father" she finished saying. We didn't say anything after that and walked into the station, I completely ignored Matt the whole day, and he did the same thing with me. It was almost the end of shift and I haven't seen him for almost an hour and I didn't want to seem like I was looking for him. "He asked Chief to leave early had some things to do" Severide said as I sat there in the common room alone while everybody else was resting. "And why would I care?" I asked clearly lying. He chuckled "Because I know you Gabby and even thought you try to play it off that you weren't looking for him I know you were" he said as he walked away. Was I that predicable that he even knew me too well, shift was finally over and I made my way to my car, I just wanted to see my son already.