Chapter 4: Disagreement At The Bar

[NOT EDTED]

Chapter 4: disagreement at the bar.

*Tuesday August 25*

*Dawson's POV*

My alarm went off at 6:00am but I have been up for the past hour just starring at my ceiling. To say that I had a tough night is an understatement, the events of last night kept replaying in my head and before I knew it tears were falling from my eyes and I quickly wiped them away. Casey had finally seen his son but didn't even know he was his father and it hurt my heart to see Andy come face to face and not be able to know that that is his father. I shook my head and got up before it got late for us, like my usual routine I went downstairs and started cooking breakfast for us, I really wasnt up for making something big so I settled on making waffles. After they were done I walked back upstairs and woke up Andy and got started on getting us both ready. After an hour we were both ready and I decided to take Andy to school today, whenever I had free time I tried to spend it with him.

As I parked in front of the school I turned back to face him "Okay baby were here remember Aunt Laura will pick you up and your spending the night at their place so behave okay?" I said smiling at my handsome 5 year old, he smiled back and nodded his head "Yes momma got it" he said as h unbuckled himself and got up to give me a kiss on my lips and we got out and I walked him to the front gate after giving him another kiss e walked in and I made my way back to my car. Luckily today I didn't have to be at work until 11am so that left a little more than 3 hours, usually I would go visit my brother and sister in law but I really didn't want to since Casey now lived across from them and it was bad enough to be working with him I didn't want to see him then the necessary.

Luckily my phone started to ring and I seen Shay picture pop up and immediately answered it, "Up for breakfast?" she asked me, I thought back to breakfast earlier I really didn't even eat 2 bites the most, I had to much on my mind. "Yes there is so much to talk about anyways" I told her and she agreed so we decided to meet up at "Sam's Diner" our usual hangout place besides Molly's of course, so I drove for another 10 minutes and finally made it and got out of my car right when Shay was parking her car. We hugged each other and walked into the diner and sat at a booth and sat across from each other. The waitress came and asked if we were having the usual we both nodded and she walked away, "So what is it that you wanted to talk about?" Shay asked me, before I started the waitress came back with out cups of coffee.

I took a sip and started telling Shay what happened last night by the end her eyes were widened and her mouth opened, "So your sister in law is best friends with her?" I nodded and she shook her head. "So what is going to happen I mean yes she is your sister in law and all but they are best friends, because I know that if I were in her place I would take your side but its just different" Shay commented then our food got there and we started eating. "I know it is and not only for me but for Antonio I mean I dont want to cause problems between them but I just dont know what to do." Dawson said shaking her head.

*3 Hours Later*

After spending m morning with Shay we had to go to work so we got in our cars and I followed her to the firehouse, when we got there Severide was standing outside with Casey talking, Shay came to my side and looped her arm around my arm an whispered "Its going to be okay dont worry Im by her side whenever you need me" she said which made me smile, I truly have the bestest best friend ever. We walked passed them and I could see Casey just looking at me but I ignored him, that was what I was going to do every time I seen him ignore him, hopefully he would not try to talk to me if that was the case then we would be okay working together. We walked into the locker room and seen Mouch, Cruz, and Otis talking to Hermann and it was clear that Hermann was upset, "Hey what's going on?" Shay asked a we opened our lockers, "Seems like Hermann isn't Lieutenant anymore" Cruz answered causing Shay and I to look at them.