Chapter 34: Perfect Next Day

Chapter 34:

[NOT EDITED]

*Matt's POV*
After I left the house I went to Molly's and of course everybody was there, Severide of course was with Stella laughing I didn't want to ruin their night but I really needed someone to talk to and who better the Kelly. As I sat with them and ordered myself a beer I didn't even need to say anything when Severide asked me what was wrong. I ended up telling him what had happened in the hospital to what just happened an hour ago.

They stayed quiet and I knew they were trying to tell me something but in the nicest way possible. "Poor Gabby Matt your an ass" Severide said. I shook my head "I know I am don't you think I feel bad I had all this mix emotions and I took them out on Gabby when I shouldn't have" I told him. "Then what are you doing here when you should be joke apologizing to her" Stella told me, she was right but I was to stubborn and couldn't come to apologizing to her. After hearing them tel me all this things I got up and went over to the bar and started drinking some shot then I went back to beer. I don't know how much I drank but by the end I couldn't even walk all I remember was Severide helping me walk to the car.

At first I thought he was taking me home but when I woke up the next day I was on a couch no wonder my neck was hurting me I looked around and noticed that i was at Severide's place. "Morning" I heard and turned to see Stella in the kitchen so I walked over and she handed me a mug of coffee just what I needed. "Thanks" I said, "No problem" she said. Severide walked downstairs after a minute and Stella also handed him a mug and kissed him on the cheek and said goodbye leaving us alone. "I shouldn't have drank so much last night" I said and Severide just laughed. "You think" he said as I served myself some more coffee. After getting ready we left, "gabby must be worried" I said.

"She was that was until I called her to let her know" Severide said as he parked outside of the firehouse. We made our way and I seen that Gabby still wasn't here so I made my way to the locker room, I couldn't stand being near her after all my guilt song tried to avoid her all shifting wasn't until I finally realized that I had to do something to show how bad I felt so 2 hours before the end of shift I went to talk to Chief and ask him if it was alright for me to leave because I knew exactly what I had to do so apologize to Gabby, luckily he let me so as soon as I got into my truck I called Mr. and Mrs. Dawson and asked them if it was alright for Andy to spend the night there. They accepted without any questions so as soon as I got home and Danielle left I got Andy ready and some extra clothes and drove him over to his grandparents house and from there I stopped at the flower shop. I got 4 dozens red roses and stop at the store to get some candles.

I was going to go all out and apologize to Gabby for being a jerk to her when she didn't deserve it. As I got home I seen that I only had less then an hour to get everything ready so I immediately started working on it. 45 minutes later everything was ready and all I had to do was wait for Gabby. 20 minutes later I heard the door open and close then I heard gabby calling for anybody at the house, I bet she is worried since she hasn't seen Andy or Danielle, then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, I hid the bathroom waiting for her and when I seen that she was standing right in front of the bed her back towards me, and this was the perfect time to go up to her.

I stood behind her and handed her a rose over her shoulder, she turned around with widened eyes, I could tell she was upset about what happened last night and all I wanted to do was apologize I just hope she can find it in her to forgive me. After explaining everything to her I was surprised she even kissed me it's not that I didn't expect her to understand but if it were someone else I knew they would have still been upset. Luckily I was with the most perfect woman in the whole wide world.