Chapter 5: Confrontation

[NOTEDITED]

*Wednesday August 26*

*Casey's POV*

I couldn't sleep at all last night Gabby's words kept replaying in my head, her son was mine? Could it actually be but the first time I seen her with her son she said that he wasnt mine, I knew that I would not be able to know the truth from her so I texted the only person that could actually give me the answers that I needed. I looked at the clock on the night stand and sighed, it was 1am I texted Severide and asked him to meet me before work at Sam's Diner to talk. After that I still couldn't sleep I was pretty upset about what happened at Molly's I knew that everybody was upset at me but to take it our on Lauren she didn't deserve it, and I was going to have a serious talk with everyone tomorrow.

After another 30 minutes of just starring at the ceiling sleep came and I knocked out, I woke up to my alarm going off and Lauren was now kissing me, I looked over and smiled at her "Good morning baby" she said as she gave me a kiss on my neck, "Good morning" I said back giving her a quick peck on the lips before getting up, I check my phone and seen that Severide texted me back an hour ago saying that he would be there. So I got up and took a shower before anything because I would be running late as I got dressed and walked downstairs I seen Lauren all ready, We had meet in Seattle about a year after I moved there and at first we became friends but as time wet by within the 2nd year their I asked her out on a date and as I took her home I knew she was the girl for me.

Technically Dawson will always the love of my life but I have to move on with my life and thankfully Lauren appeared in my life, no she was not a rebound, she got me and it was so easy to talk to her. Not only that but it was just me and her there she had moved there from California and she didn't know anybody just like I didn't know anybody. We are actually going to be celebrating our 3 year anniversary in September, I had asked Lauren to marry me about 5 months before now. The next day she got a call from the law firm she was working for that they had a great job offer in Chicago, she knew little bit of my past of course I told her about Dawson and she as undecided to come her because she as scared of me leaving her but after talking to her she agreed and I talked to Chief Boden and he was happy to take me back.

I felt bad for Hermann because I always knew that he always wanted to be Lieutenant  and now that I was back I would once again be it, but after last night I was not sorry anymore I was angry not only at him but at everyone because they changed so much during these last 5 years but now they would know that I was back and they should never treat Lauren how they treated her last night. I kissed her as we both walked out of our house as we walked out Antonio was also walking out with Laura they completely ignored us which was reasonable. "I hope she doesn't hate me" I heard Lauren said referring to her best friend Laura who also is Dawson's sister in law. "You should talk to her and make her see that your friendship is completely a different from Antonio's problems with me" I said she smiled and nodded and once again kissed and we each got in our cars.

I seen Severide already sitting in Sam's Diner and once inside I made my way to him and sat across from him, I really wasnt in the mood to make small chat I needed o get to the bottom of this. "Hey" Severide said smiling as I sat own, I gave him a small smile and then asked him. "Is Dawson's son my son?" I asked him and his widened when I asked him, "Um... I dont... know what your talking about" he answered, but I knew him and I could tell he was lying, "Last night Dawson told me that he was mine but then ran off and I know you know so tell me" I said loosing my patience. "I dont know anything..." but I didn't let him finish because I was getting upset. "Severide you are my best friend and if you know you need to tell me" I said. He sighed and looked down at the table, "Im sorry man I cant answer you that if Dawson told you that you have to talk to her it isn't my place to tell you something like this, Im sorry" and with that being said he got up and walked out leaving me there.