Chapter 42: Connection

Elizabeth's POV

"I want you, Harry."

The moment I say these words, Harry's lips press to mine. I don't know whether it's because I thought I had lost him, or because he seemed concerned for me earlier, but I know I want this as much as he does. Deep into the kiss, he seizes the opportunity to untie the rope, exposing my body almost completely as the folds of my bathrobe move aside. My cheeks are burning, goosebumps scattering across the surface of my skin.

He breaks the kiss, his head moving to the side, his soft lips lathering sponge kisses along my jaw and neck. His curls tickle as he does so, my fingers fisting around them. I tip my head back when one of his hands starts gently sliding over my collar bone, the curve of my breast and down to my navel. My throat releases a gasp at his touch, my whole body flaming from desire.

"We don't have...uh," I murmur.

"We do," he replies, pulling out a small box from the nightstand drawer on his side. "I have my ways," he explains once he takes in my confused expression. "I got them just in case... I didn't expect anything, I just-" His cheeks turn so bright red, it makes me smile.

"It's okay, Harry," I tell him.

"Do you want this?" His deep voice says, his lust filled eyes finding mine, searching for confirmation. His pupils are dilated, lips parted as quick puffs of air leave his mouth.

I nod, my heart hammering against my ribcage. I've never felt the need like this one, it's almost too much to ignore. There is no doubt I want him, I want all of him, and the realisation is liberating in a way. I'm finally coming to terms with my feelings for him. He nods and pulls away, robbing me of his touch. His eyes slowly rake my body with interest before his hands unzip the jeans he's wearing, pulling them down the length of his legs. His boxers are straining his hardening length and he moves back towards me, his gaze meeting mine.

I sit up and remove the bathrobe, discarding it to the floor. I move my body further onto the bed, my head resting on the pillow. He kneels on the bed, crawling to me, once again taking his place above me. His lips pull in a gentle smile as his fingers swipe the strands of my hair away. My palms settle on the sides of his neck, my eyes taking in every inch of his beautiful face.

"Was I... was I your first?" Harry suddenly asks, his Adam's apple bobbing as he takes a gulp.

"Yes," I reply, my voice barely a whisper.

A breath of relief is pushed past his lips as they pull in a smile. "You were mine, too."

I can't stop a smile from forming on my face, my heart skipping a beat. I lift my head to press a soft kiss on the base of his neck as I let my fingers twist into the curls at the back of his head.

"You won't believe me, but this is new for me in a way," he says, his tongue gliding over his tempting lips.

"What do you mean?" I manage to ask, desperately trying to focus on his words.

"Let's just say it's because I've changed a lot and..." he pauses, inching his face closer to mine, making sure he keeps his gaze locked with mine. "And because I like you."

A wide grin makes its way to my lips, my hands cupping his cheeks. It's very unlike Harry to say something like this and confess what is he feeling, so it's safe to say I'm beyond thrilled to hear it. Our relation won't ever be like the ones I've read about, and I wouldn't want it any other way. When I was at Zayn's earlier, I realised I don't need all that romantic crap I've been reading about, what I have with Harry is enough. We fight, we're different, but as he would say, we kinda match.