Chapter 52: Promises

Harry's POV

1 week later

There are many types of emotions. Some are light and some are dark. Some can fill you with bliss and some can make you feel like you're in the darkness even when standing in the sunlight.

I stumble out of my room, blinking the sleep from my eyes. I figure Beth woke up before me and went to her room to change and take a shower. No need to panic, Harry.

When I reach her room, I knock a few times, but when there is no reply, I storm inside, sensing something is definitely wrong. I glance around, quickly checking the bathroom and my heart drops to my stomach. She's not here. I leave the room, slamming the door behind me. Where is she?

My body suddenly collides with Zayn's, my eyes meeting his. Worry fills his eyes and anxiety is written on his face. I can already tell he has bad news. I want to dismiss him, but my eyes catch an object in his hands and anger starts building inside me, waking me completely.

"Why do you have this?" I ask harshly, grabbing my notebook from his hands.

"Harry, listen to me, I need you to calm down," he says calmly. "Beth gave it to me."

I glare at him. "Why?"

"She..." he sighs, scratching the back of his head. "Listen, she left."

My heart skips a beat, my eyes widening. "What?" I mutter quietly.

"She wanted me to give it to you," Zayn tells me. "I tried to persuade her-"

My hands fist his shirt and I pin him against the wall harshly, my teeth gritting in anger. "Why haven't you told me sooner?! When did she leave?"