Chapter 60: Offer

Elizabeth's POV

"Harryyy," I whine as I tug the sheet, revealing his half naked body. "Come on, we have to go."

He makes a loud non-human sound before grabbing the sheet and covering himself again.

"How come you even fell asleep again? You'd think taking a shower would've woken you up," I shake my head. "We have a meeting to attend."

He quickly sits up, his fingers circling around my wrist as he pulls me onto the bed and I land on it with a surprised scream. He laughs and I grab a pillow, hitting his head playfully. I kneel in front of him, pushing my hair back. I take a few moments to appreciate the crinkles by his eyes when he laughs and the way his messy hair falls over his forehead.

"How mature," I say, smiling.

"I just need to sleep, we went through the plan seventeen times," he complains. "I counted."

I laugh. "Yeah, but this isn't just any plan, we have to make sure everything goes perfectly."

"It will," he tucks my hair behind my ear. "And all of us will finally be free. I can't wait to take my mum and sister away from here... and you, of course."

I look at him in surprise. "You want that? For us to get away?" My heart swells at the thought of my future with Harry, away from the rules, away from all the bad memories, away from all the pain.

He smiles. "Of course. I don't want to stay here... I want a fresh start, that's what I've been wanting ever since I found out what they've been doing to us. I want a better life for my family. For you and me."

"You'll get that," I tell him, cupping his cheeks. "We'll fight for it. Together."

His smile widens. "Guess you're stuck with me after all."

"I think I'll manage to tolerate you for a little longer."

I smile sadly, knowing this is one of my last moments with Harry before we go through with the plan. We've been preparing for it for days, both physically and mentally, and I can only pray everything goes exactly like we planned.

"How much time do we have?" He asks, his eyes searching my face.

"Around fifteen minutes--"

"Perfect," he smirks as his hands pull my face to his, pressing his lips firmly to mine.

. . . .

"You okay?" Sarah asks me, placing her hands on her hips. "You don't look so good."

I fumble with the gun in my hand, placing it on the counter in front of me. I've been training for days, at least three hours a day, and I can with certainty say my aim has improved drastically. I'm more confident and stronger now, and that's exactly what I'll need when we go through with the plan tomorrow.

"I'm okay, just a bit nervous, I guess," I shrug, letting out a nervous laugh. "Tomorrow is the big day."

She smirks. "Don't worry, everything's going to be alright. I'm actually so excited, I'm excited to be a part of something so important," her eyes glisten as she looks at me. "I want my little girl to grow up in a different world, and I want her to know her mummy was one of the people who made it possible. This is something worth dying for."

I smile at the thought of Katie, placing my hand on her shoulder. "Oh, she will. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear how her mum kicked everyone's ass. Let's not forget about daddy Liam," my eyes search for him, spotting him training with Niall a few metres away from us.

"Yes," she smiles, glancing at him. "I'm so glad he's changed now. Ever since he'd stopped using the shot, he became this wonderful person he is now. They all did. Even Harry, but he's still annoying."