Chapter 44: Solution

Elizabeth's POV

"You're resistant, Beth," Zayn says, his lips pulled in a smile.

My eyes survey every person in the room as they focus on me. We came here in such a haste and I definitely wasn't ready to find out all this, and I especially wasn't ready to get even more confused. When I look at Harry, I notice he is angry, ready to explode.

"What does it mean?" I ask.

"It means nothing," Harry snaps.

"Harry, I promised to tell her everything," Zayn argues.

"Guys, we don't have time for this," Sarah interferes. "We came here to come up with a solution, so what's it gonna be?"

"You do as you want, we're definitely staying here," Harry says, frowning. "I'm not planning on dying yet."

"But they'll come for you," Liam tries to reason. "Do you honestly think you can just go back home and pretend like everything's okay?"

"I'm not planning on doing that," Harry fires back. "I want to stay here, in the hideout. Don't you think they know we'll try to leave the city? We can stay here for now, they don't know about this place."

"What you're proposing is only a temporary solution, we can stay for a couple of days only, maybe a week," Sarah says.

"Enough to come up with a reasonable plan," Harry replies. "We can't rush things now that we're so close. They're clueless about our intentions, anyway."

Zayn sighs. "Alright, we'll stay here then. But no longer than a few days and we'll have to guard this place in case they realise where to find us."

"This sucks, I was expecting some action," Louis comments.

"By all means, go and get yourself killed," Harry rolls his eyes.

"So dramatic," Louis retorts.

I'm still confused, but I stay quiet. If we're staying here, that means I'll manage to finally find out what is this all about, no matter how desperately Harry is trying to keep it a secret. I've been kept in the dark for too long. My phone suddenly starts buzzing in my pocket and I glance around me, seeing everyone is busy with discussion. I walk to the corner of the room, pulling it out and my heart almost stops when I see the caller ID.

"Dad?" I whisper, gulping.

"Betsy, are you okay?" His panicked voice says.

"Yes, but how are you-"

"I'm in the capital, that's how," he says. "Listen, we have to meet right now. I need you to come alone, you're no longer safe here."

"Uh...where should I meet you?" I say, my heart pounding. I have no idea how to react to this.

I listen intently to his instructions, telling him I'll be there as soon as possible. I can't say I'm not afraid, my father is rarely panicked and the fact he came to the capital to talk to me is making me incredibly nervous. It's not hard to conclude it has something to do with Daniel and Gerald. I turn, colliding with Harry. I jump up in surprise, almost dropping my phone in the process, clumsily fumbling with it.

"Going somewhere?" He asks, his eyebrow raised.

"As the matter of fact, yes."

"What part of 'we need to stay here' didn't you understand? We're not safe outside, you're not safe," he argues. "Who called you, anyway?"