APG | 3.

August 6th, 2015-

Bro😴: Open the damn door, Drew. Trav the god is here.

The feeling of his phone vibrating is what woke Drew up out his sleep at precisely 2 in the afternoon on the last official day of his summer.

He rolled his eyes after reading the text message from his best friend, hopping out of the bed and pulling a pair of basketball shorts over his body as well as grabbing a T-shirt before he began to descend down the stairs.

He answered the door, Travis standing there with a wide cheesy grin on his face as if he was someone special. (To himself, he was).

Drew rolled his eyes at this action, turning around and heading straight for the kitchen as Travis followed behind him, closing the front door.

"Damn bro, it's like that? Aren't ya happy to see me?" He said in a sing-song type of way, pulling out a chair at the counter as he watched Drew prepare himself a bowl of cereal.

"Not when you wake me up from my sleep, why are you even here?" Drew retorted, pouring the Cinnamon Toast Crunch into the bowl.

Travis paused, thinking of an answer. "I wanted to spend my boy's birthday with him?"

"My birthday was yesterday." Drew shook his head, putting the cereal back and grabbing the milk to pour in.

"Damn. Sorry, bro," Travis awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, reaching across the table and picking up the box Mariah gave Drew last night. "What's this?"

"My gift from Mariah."

"Get out of here! You guys are finally a thing now?" Travis smiled, truly happy for Drew. Of course, he was well aware of how long Drew had been in like with Mariah.

"No, but can you put my baseball down? She paid a lot of money for that." He stuffed a spoonful of cereal in his mouth as Travis placed the ball back down on the table.

"Okay, okay," A small silence filled the air. "Hey, hey. Bro, I was thinking, like, do you think we call it sand because it's between the sea and the land?"

The question rolled off his tongue with no ease and Drew stared at him, his face blank as he just shook his head at his best friend, knowing Travis was dead serious.

He had been his better half since back in the sandbox days, and Drew knew that even before he started smoking, he wasn't always on the bright side. But in this case, he really wasn't sure which it was.

He eyed him skeptically, before parting his lips and asking him the question on his mind. "Trav, you fried?"

"Yesssssssir." Travis nodded his head, snapping his fingers at Drew in a joking way, though, he was serious.

And that caused Drew to laugh. "You're so stupid, man. Let's go watch some TV."

Drew watched as Travis nodded his head, leading the way into the living room and plopping down on the couch. He kicked his feet up on the coffee table, his bowl of cereal on his lap.

Drew's living room was something to be proud of, as the large 80 flat screen sat in front of them and all their other high technology was located just about everywhere you turned. He wasn't rich of course, but he and his dad lived well. His father was a coach for the Los Angeles Rams, after all, and if that wasn't saying enough, growing up- that had a key component in the way Drew's reputation was set.

Travis plopped down in the seat next to him, a bag of lay's chips on his lap as he helped himself to the snacks in their kitchen to eat. He practically lived there too.

"So, bro, let me show you this sexy ass chick I just met on snapchat." Travis pulled his phone out, beginning to scroll through all the many stories before he found the girl he was looking for and flashed it to Drew. She was a pretty blue-eyed blonde girl, but Drew wasn't all that impressed. Like stated before, he was a man that enjoyed his melanin.

He fed himself another spoonful of cereal. "She's cute, I guess. Where did you meet her at?"

"Remember that party we went to on the 4th of July?"

"We? I left, remember?" Drew answered, as Travis made a face in realization, nodding his head.

"Oh right, you wanted to go home after getting some action at the bar," Travis smirked, wiggling his eyebrows at him. "How is your lady friend, anyway?"

"She's not my lady friend, it was a one time thing. And I'll never see her again." Drew responded, putting the now empty bowl down on the table in front of him.

"You should have gotten her number so you can call her when your little cock gets hard."

"No, I look forward to not seeing her again. School is starting tomorrow and I need to focus." Drew pointed at his xbox in front of him, hinting to Travis that he wanted to play.

"Senior year and you're still such a nerd," Travis stood up and hit the button for the Xbox to turn on, as well as grabbing the controller and chucking it over to Drew. "I swear, you and Mariah are just perfect for each other. And that's why you want to focus. Because you and I both know you feel guilty that you slept with someone else while she was in the picture."

His eyes focused on the tv, a pause before he finally replied. "Mariah isn't my girl, Trav. I can hook up with anyone I want too."

Travis side eyed his brother. "So, you told her about your lady that night?"

"I don't have too." Drew just mindlessly shrugged his shoulders, clicking a few buttons on the controller before he heard Travis giving him some more of the 3rd degree.

"Because you know she'll be more than upset that you're talking stage didn't have loyalty." Travis laughed, getting closer to his accomplice to be all the more annoying.

"Yeah, whatever. But that's water under the bridge. I'll never see that woman again. So it's no worries, man," Drew pushed Travis away from him, waving his controller in the air. "Now you ready to get trashed?"