APG | 25.

April 11th, 2016-

At the sound of his alarm clock ringing on his bedside table, Drew rolled over in bed and grabbed the vibrating cell phone, unlocking it and shutting it off.

Once the annoying buzzer sound was gone, he sighed, rubbing his hands down his face as he slowly climbed out of the bed and dragged his feet over towards the bathroom across the hall.

He shut the door closed behind him, turning the shower water on high temp as he stripped out of his boxers and basketball shorts, throwing them to the floor as he hopped in.

He lathered and rinsed 2 times, squeezing some of his shampoo in his hair as well as he began washing it and then proceeded to turn the water off and get out.

He grabbed a towel from the rack, wiping his face off as he wrapped the towel around his body and swung a leg out of the tub. Once done, he dried off and went on back to his bedroom.

When he got back to his room, he went straight to the drawer to put on some fresh briefs and a white T-shirt. He settled on styling this with a pair of white jeans as well and then tossed on a red button up and his red Nike roshes.

Checking himself out in his mirror, he was pleased with what stared back at him and proceeded to spray some cologne on, grab his phone, bag and go on about his day.

He went down the stairs, styling his hair as always, as he made his way into the kitchen where his father was sipping a hot cup of coffee.

"Good morning, son."

"Good morning, dad." Drew replied, opening the fridge and grabbing an orange.

"I'll be here when you get home. So, maybe we can go to the batting cages if you wanted?" Greg questioned, watching his son intently as he focused on peeling his orange.

A few seconds passed before Drew looked up, a small smile on his face. "Yeah, that'd be cool."

"Well, okay," Greg was clearly enthusiastic. "See you later, then."

"Alright, bye." Drew waved goodbye, biting his now freshly peeled orange and making his way to the front door and grabbing his keys off the table before leaving.

He climbed into the truck, tossing the bag on the floor of the passenger side, letting the engine roar and taking a deep breath.

Today was going to be a great day. He could feel it.

-

"Yeah, Steph hit that three and the game was over." Drew laughed at his locker while surrounded by a few of his friends, as they talked about the basketball game that aired last night.

"I'm better than Steph," Travis commented, grabbing a random baseball that Drew had in his locker and pretending to aim towards the garbage can a few feet away. "I'm Trav the God."

"Man, give me my ball back." Drew went to snatch the ball back, and Travis willingly gave it to him and then smacked it out of his hand as fast as he got it.

"Trav the God strikes again. I just stole ya ball." He smirked and one of their friends Ryan laughed and pointed at him playfully.

"Bro, that was def a foul."

"No, it wasn't. That was all game."

"Foul."

"Game."

The two boys began arguing and Drew turned and shut his locker, gesturing towards the ball that was laid on the ground on the other side of the hallway.

"So, no one is going to get my baseball, huh? Oh, that's cool." He pushed both the boys and started walking over to the ball, bending down and picking it up when his eyes caught on a foot next to him.

His face travelled upwards, looking at the face that stared back at him. He almost smiled at her, but something seemed wrong as she stood over top of him with an angry expression and her arms crossed across her chest.

"Hey," Drew spoke first, standing to his 5'10 stature. "What's up?"

"Don't what's up me, Drew. You want to explain yesterday to me?" Mariah answered, her face never changing.

"Yesterday? Oh, my dad and I? We're fine. I told you that." He smiled, and she shook her head.

"No, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about you playing me for the last 3 years."

Confused, Drew raised an eyebrow. "I'm not following."

"Maybe next time you should be more careful about locking your phone before you make an accidental phone call to one of your girls when you're being a fuckboy." She hissed, walking away in an annoyed huff.

"Mariah! Mariah, wait!" He called after her, but she just continued on her way, causing Drew to shake his head and turn to Darnell who was still standing there.

"What did I do?"

"Check your phone log, Mr. Player." He replied, shutting his locker closed and making his way down the same hallway her best friend disappeared within.

Instantly, Drew pulled his phone out and unlocked it. Going to his recent calls and seeing that he had called Mariah around noon yesterday.

"What? I didn't call her." He scratched his head before suddenly remembering that he was in the middle of texting Mariah when Dawn popped up in the parking lot and distracted him.

"Fuck!" He screamed, turning around and punching the nearest locker roughly. "She heard everything."