APG | 4.

August 14th, 2015-

The first week of school went by smooth for Drew.

As always. The first week was always the easiest, especially considering they started on a Friday. But even after, when Monday began, and the rest of the week started coming in, things were still pretty chill and not at all as stressful as people made senior year seem.

All his classes were basically free periods due to him getting all the hard work out the way the high school years before and the actual classes he had were no problem either because they gave him the special treatment that kids who were graduating in June always received.

Plus, he was Drew Montgomery.

"Drew, can you do me a favor and drop this off in the main office?" Mrs. Gomez asked him to go on a trip and he nodded his head, pushing out his chair and going to take whatever she was passing him.

He walked out the doors of the classroom and began his journey to the main office, getting there quickly and walking through the threshold.

He smiled at the woman at the desk and walked over to her, passing her the note and beginning to walk back out when he was interrupted by another voice.

"Mr. Montgomery, is that you?" He turned around to make eye contact with his guidance counselor since freshmen year, who's name Drew had forgotten.

"I'm actually glad that you're here, come take a seat in my office please and I'll be right with you." The man directed, causing Drew's face to flush slightly.

"Uh, okay." Drew answered, heading towards the guidance counselor's office in the back and taking a seat at the desk.

Tick- Tock. Tick- Tock. Tick.

And, the annoying clicking of the grandfather clock located inside of the office seemed to be the only sound that Drew had his focus on as he sat unmoving in the headquarters, awaiting for the man to come join him.

After all, he knew as well as anyone else did that you usually didn't just get sent to the guidance counselor without purpose and the fact that he was sitting in there had him confused. Not nervous though, because he knew he was a perfect student.

"Ah, Mr. Montgomery," His head turned in the direction of the older man whom just walked through the door, his thoughts interrupted as he took a deep breath. "Lovely to see you."

"You as well, sir. If you don't mind me asking, before anything gets started, am I in any trouble?" Drew wasted no time in asking the question that was on his mind, watching as the man pulled his computer chair out from the other side of the desk and took a seat himself.

"No trouble at all," Those 4 words put him at ease instantly. "I just wanted to talk to you about your transcript."

"Okay, what about it?"

The man licked his fingers, opening the manila folder that he had walked in the room with and began sorting through before giving Drew an answer.

"Well, your grades look extraordinary. Wonderful GPA, I think it's the second highest in the school if I'm not mistaken." The man's compliment seemed to fuel Drew's ego, and he struggled to hold in all his cockiness.

"Who's the first?" His eyebrows curved into a arch, something that must of taken the man by surprise.

"Let me check," His attention went to focus on the computer for a minute and Drew began taking notice of all the motivational plaques on the wall. "Mariah Valentine."

"Of course." Drew smiled, her name sending him into a frenzy. She was so damn perfect.

The man nodded his head. "Uh huh. She leads with a marvelous 4.0 and you follow close behind with a 3.8."