APG | 10.

September 10th, 2015-

"Hey, you ready to go?" Drew stepped out the locker room and found Travis in the hall waiting for him, whom pointed behind the door.

"Surprise!" Mariah's voice invaded his ear before she wrapped her arms around him from the back and instantly, every nerve he had a second ago had went away.

"Mariah," He smiled, and turned to face her, the ringlets that she called curls dropping in front of her face as she nodded her head. "What are you doing here?"

"Had to do afternoon announcements and then I saw you through the window," She giggled and playfully punched him in the shoulder, something of which, he blushed slightly from. "You had me waiting forever, I'm glad Travis kept me some company. Hey, tell Drew what we were talking about."

"What?" Drew turned to his best friend who came to his other side, his arm draping around his neck.

"Alright, bro. So I was thinking... Wouldn't it be crazy if like we weren't real people? Like if we're really just some book characters in a novel? And our futures is already written out for us?"

Drew paused. "That's actually a really good theory, Trav. And if that's the case, then shout out to the author. She made me damn near perfect."

"Damn near?" Mariah questioned, a curl falling in front of her face and Drew nodding, before he put it back in place for her.

"Yeah, she could have made me a bit more... unpredictable. Everyone always knows what to expect from the perfect student. I don't know, I just wish for once, you guys are actually surprised by something I do."

He sighed, glancing down at his wristwatch. "But, anyway guys, I'm sorry. But I have to go see someone."

"Okay, well, in that case, I'll hit you on PS4 later." Travis and Drew did their little dap before he went about his way.

"And I'll call you later." Drew pulled Mariah into him and kissed her cheek, loving their close embrace, though, she was trying to escape his sweaty after gym physique.

"Okay." She nodded her head and let him peck her cheek one more time before allowing him to watch her walk off, before he turned in the other direction himself and dashed up the stairs, going to see the famous drama teacher.

-

"Knock, knock," Dawn lifted her head and made eye contact with Drew, whom was standing by the door of the classroom with a uncomfortable hand behind his neck. "How are you, Miss Parks?"

He made his way into the classroom completely, watching as Dawn took her reading glasses from above the bridge of her nose and threw them on the table, letting out a low murmur. "You're late, you know."

He swung his bag over his shoulder and dropped it to the floor, pulling out the chair and taking the seat in front of her in one swift motion. "I know, sorry. I had to talk to Coach White for a second and some other stuff. But I'm here now."

"I see that," She said with a hint of sass and Drew rolled his head back, confused. Watching as she got up and locked the closed door. "Alright. Let's get started, shall we?"

Strangely, her words made Drew's expression change and he started laughing at her. The sound of her heels clicking across the floor decreasing and her looking up at him with her hands on both hips.

"What's so funny?"

"Just," He chuckled some more, taking a deep breath to get himself together. "You're just making this all seem like a business meeting or something. Miss Parks, in case you didn't know, we had sex."

"I know we had sex. And can you keep your voice down? I've never been in this situation or anything like it before, Drew," She walked to her desk and collapsed in the chair, her hair falling in front of her eyes and her tiredly pushing it back. "And I would enjoy not having others know."

"I get that and neither have I. So let's just take it easy."

There was a pause between them and then she sighed. "Drew, if it's not clear, you and I cannot work together. You can't help me for your credits. We are far too sexually attracted to each other to even think that's going to be a good idea."

"Understandable. But what about my credits?" His eyes never left hers and she exhaled again, shaking her head. "What are we going to do about that?"

"I don't know, Drew. I'm attracted to you. Every time I'm around you, I get this sudden urge and," She paused. "And I'm not sure what to do about that without breaking the rules."

"So? There has to be something that we can do so that we both get what we want," He replied, stroking his imaginary chin hairs. "And I'm more than willing to break a couple of rules to do so."