APG | 30.

May 27th, 2016-

"Thank you for that beautiful speech, Mariah!" Principal Parnell came to the podium and Drew started cheering loudly for Mariah, turning around and blowing her a kiss as she went back to her seating.

Since the graduation ceremony was placed in alphabetical order, Mariah and a few students were at the back of the senior class. And Drew was somewhere in the middle.

But this didn't bother him as graduating was a unbelievable dream. And he was having a wonderful time. It was almost as great as prom night.

He adjusted the cap and gown on his head, waving to his father who was seated in the crowd, with a look of pride in his eyes.

He was glad that their relationship had become so much better, and now was finally something his mother would be happy about. Greg was there for him now, he was graduating, and he had the girl of his dreams.

Nothing was going to take him off his high.

"Drew Montgomery!" His name was called and he smiled, walking over to the Principal alongside the Vice Principal.

He took his diploma from one, and shook hands with the other, turning around and cheesing hard at the crowd as he raised a fist in the air like always in victory.

He zoned out after his name was called, until they called Mariah in which he cheered loudly and even winked at her when she walked by.

She laughed at him like always, Travis being called right after and walking up to the podium, grabbing his stuff too. He was the last student and knew that this was his last time being celebrated in the high school.

So, he smiled at the crowd, rushing over to the podium and microphone in one stroke and doing something only Travis Wells would do.

"Trav the God graduated, peasants! Remember: Fuck school!" He screamed, only to be carried out by the security guard immediately afterwards.

Drew shook his head at his best friend antics, not at all shocked that he would shout something like that over the microphone so everyone's parents and children could hear as well.

Principal Parnell sighed, going to the microphone and telling everyone to calm down as he massaged his temples. Drew could easily tell that he was ready to be free of Travis after these long four years.

"Truly sorry for that," He paused. "But back to the show. I am so proud of this group Lions this year. You guys were an amazing class. Mariah, with all your extra curricular activities and volunteer work, we couldn't have been such a great school without you."

Mariah smiled, mouthing thank you as she waved at the crowd a second time, taking a seat again as she held her diploma tightly in her hand.

"And Mr. Montgomery. Our star sports player."

Drew stood up at the sound of his name, waving hello to the audience in front of him, before turning to hear what Parnell had to say.

"Bring home our championship win tonight!"

The whole crowd went into a uproar and Drew laughed, nodding his head. "You can count on me."

"And there behold, the Los Angeles class of 2016, everyone!"

Everyone in the building soon began cheering loudly again, the students ripping off their caps and throwing them in the air in victory. They had did it.