APG | 12.

October 16th, 2015-

"That's another touchdown from away! Come on Lions! You got this!" The loudspeaker went off as Drew struggled to surf through the crowd that came to cheer on the football team. Finally making his way and plopping down next to Travis.

"Damn, we're not doing so hot, are we?" He got comfortable, putting the soda he just purchased next to his feet and pulling his tub of popcorn on to his lap.

Travis instantly snatched it from him, his hand digging in and plopping more than a handful into his mouth. "Nah, we not. The football team is so trash. Everyone can't wait for baseball season."

"And why's that?" Drew picked up his drink and sipped, leaning back on the bleachers.

"Because it's Mr. Player's last time playing for the school. And we all know you're not gonna do anything less than great." Travis replied, unknowing to the large smile that grew on Drew's face beside him. He turned to him, Travis giving him a small fist bump as they turned to watch the game, Drew's hand out stretching for some popcorn.

"What, bro?" Travis raised an eyebrow, eyes intent on the game.

"Give me some of my damn popcorn, Trav." Drew went to go slap him, in which, Travis ducked and threw the empty popcorn tub at him.

"You're all out." He laughed after that and Drew gave him an annoyed expression before picking up the tub and succeeding in hitting the back of Travis's head.

"I swear if it's not free refills on popcorn, I'm fighting you." He replied, watching as Travis waved him away and folded his arms across his chest in a uninterested manner.

Drew lowly chuckled at his best friend, turning around and heading through the whole crowd again as he went to go approach the snack bar. He made it there within a few minutes, standing in the back of the line and waiting patiently until he got to the front. He decided to go through his phone as he waited, before he finally reached the front and tucked the cell phone into his pocket.

"Hey, so what can I get you?"

"Can I have a refill of popcorn-" He stopped once he looked up and made eye contact with the woman whom he had been thinking of all day, who looked less than happy to see him.

"I didn't know you were here." She whispered, grabbing the tub of popcorn from him as she went to go refill it.

"Yeah, coach thought it would be a good way to let loose," He bit down on his lip, turning to look behind him before he got close to her. "Why did you take me off your extra help schedule?"

"Because you're not helping me anymore." She responded, pouring some butter on top of the tub.

"Okay, but I thought we talked and we would figure out an alternative. So, don't you think I deserve to be on your extra credit schedule or at least know I was gonna be taken off?" He asked, watching as she placed the tub on the counter in front of him and sighed.

"Your idea of an alternative was a hint that we break school rules almost a month ago. I don't know what you want me to do but you can't honestly believe that you're worth losing my job over?" She looked back at him and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear, awaiting his response.

"Who said you would lose your job?" He smirked, which caused Dawn to shake her head at his answer, scoffing loudly as she threw the apron she had over her clothes off and opened the side door to the snack bar, walking off behind under the bleachers.

"Miss Parks! Miss Parks!" Drew caught up to Dawn and grabbed her wrist, spinning her around to face him. "Wait."

She glanced up, her brown eyes locking into his, their staring game lasting for about 5 seconds before she unraveled her arm from his grasp.

"What, Drew?" She sighed annoyingly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Look, I'm sorry. It's just," He stepped closer, his voice dropping octaves. "You and I both know damn well that we don't want to stop what we have going on here, Miss Parks. And I have made it more than clear to you that I will break a few rules if I have too. Something that a perfect student just doesn't do."

"So, what are you saying?" She glanced up at him and he reached down and grabbed her waist, pulling her into him as one hand cupped around her chin and brought their lips together, the other squeezing her ass through the jeans she was wearing.

She fell into the kiss without ease, her own hands coming to his broad shoulders and holding him against her as their kiss escalated. Drew softly massaging her lips with his own before he finally ended with a soft and gentle peck, letting go of her bottom lip that was between his.

He pulled away, watching as her fingers went to go touch her still tingling lips from the mind- blowing kiss he had given her.

"That I'm not only the perfect student. I'm also playing a perfect game. And in that game, no one loses."