APG | 22.

April 2nd, 2016-

By the time Drew woke up, it was 4am. And Mariah was no longer next to him.

The party was long over and when he walked downstairs, Travis was passed out on the couch and his living room was trashed.

Drew stretched and yawned, looking around for Mariah and coming to the conclusion that she must of left already.

He called to double check and her friend Megan winded up picking up the phone, informing him that she came upstairs and woke up Mariah so she could drag her back to her house before either one of them could get in trouble for going out.

Glad to hear that all was well, Drew thanked the young girl one more final time and also apologized for waking her before he ended the call and tossed the phone back in his pocket, shaking Travis awake.

There was a lamp shade on his head, and Drew smacked it off, Travis glancing up at him with one cracked eye.

"What's... What's going on?" He stammered, his fists rubbing his eyes harshly.

"Nothing, I just wanted to let you know I'm heading home," He picked up his shirt that he had left on the couch. "I'll be over in the morning to help clean before your parents get home."

"Alright, just don't come too early, I have a hangover like a bitch and don't want to be woken up again. Lock the door behind you."

"Got it!" He shouted as he started heading out the door, doing as Travis said and locking the door before he reached in his pocket and pulled out his truck keys.

He had parked in Travis' driveway, so it was no walk from the house and he climbed in, roaring the engine of the vehicle to life.

He pressed on the radio to get some music on to help him wake up a bit more, before deciding that he was ready and pulling out onto the road.

He drove slowly as a form of being careful and cautious, looking forward to climbing into his own bed and relaxing.

With the party turning around and him having to take care of Mariah, he was actually exhausted. And just couldn't wait until the moment he was finally home.

He pulled into his own driveway a few minutes later and shut off the truck, climbing out as he opened the car door and began walking to the front door. Key ready.

Just a few more steps and a few shedding clothes, he would be slumped. He pushed open the front door, yawning again as he began walking up the stairs. But suddenly was stopped when he heard the sound of a loud cough.

He jumped back, flicking the light on as he glanced over at his father seated in the recliner chair over on the other side of the room.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Drew questioned, rubbing his eyes.

"A better question would be why you're just now walking through the door at 4 in the morning, Drew." His father responded, arms folded over his chest to show dominance.

"If you just know, I was at Travis' house." Drew answered, leaning against the wall.

"If I must know? Of course I must know. I'm your father, Goddamit!" Greg shouted angrily.

Drew shrugged nonchalantly. "Doesn't seem like it half the time. So, as far as I'm concerned, I really shouldn't have to answer you."

He began walking up the stairs and Greg was on his heels, grabbing his arm and turning him around.

"Hey, give off of me!" Drew pushed him back, watching as his father almost went off balance, but caught himself before he could fall.

"You think you got off safe because I had to rush to work when you got home a few weeks ago, don't you? Well, you didn't! I didn't forget what you said to me when I got to that school."

"And I can't forget half of the things you say to me whenever you're around, but it seems like we both have a lose lose situation." Drew rolled his eyes.

"Bringing up your mother was totally uncalled for that day and you know it."

"I'll admit that. But, now you want to care about mom? Two years later and now you care oh so much about her? You act like her death hasn't even effected you!" Drew shouted back, tears welling up in his eyes.

Greg went to grab him to pull him into a hug. But Drew pushed him and wiped his tears in one motion.

"Why do you want to get rid of mom's studio, huh? Do you not love her anymore? Do you not think about her and wonder whether or not she's watching us from above? Dad, when was the last time you've even gone to her grave to go visit her?"

Greg remained silent. And Drew scoffed.

"Just what I thought. Pathetic."

He grabbed Drew again, making the young boy stumble and Drew turned around, ready to fight if he had too. "I told you to stop talking to me like that! Show me some respect!"

"Show my mother some respect!" Drew shouted back, sizing him up as they were now basically eye to eye.

"I'm 18 now, pops. In case you forgot. So, what can you do? Punish me? Take away my electronics? I'd like to see you try." Drew challenged, as Greg shook his head.

"No, I won't punish you. You're right. You don't have to listen to me. But you can get the hell out of my house."

Drew's face fell. "You're kidding."

"I'm not."

"Alright, cool. Say no more. I'll be back for my things." Drew growled, turning around and opening the front door. Letting it slam behind him.