APG | 18.

February 12th, 2016-

"Yeah mom, I'll be home late! Don't wait up." The sound of Travis's voice followed by his front door shutting went through Drew's eardrums as he turned his head and watched the young man climb into the passenger seat of his truck.

"Hey, what's up?" They exchanged a fist pound with one another, Drew's right hand going straight to the gear shift and putting it into drive as the left hand began steering and pulling off the curb.

"Thanks for picking me up. Moms was going off about life after school and shit," Travis decided to clear the silence within the vehicle, as he let out a small laugh. "But anyway, what we getting into tonight?"

Drew shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly, his left arm leaning against the truck door. "I don't know. I just really don't want to be home right now."

"Well, the annual fair is going on tonight. Maybe we can go check it out and stuff?" Travis suggested, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a cigarette and a lighter.

"Yeah, I'm down," Drew commented, glancing over at him. "Must you smoke in here?"

"Bro. Do not kill my high." The smoke escaped his lips as he rolled down the window, his hand waving in the wind.

Drew shook his head, hitting the radio and putting on some music- the first song to play being "Panda" by Desiigner.

Travis reached to turn up the music by the knob. "This is my shitttt."

And after those four words were said, the rest of the car ride to the fair consisted of Travis serenading Drew with his awful singing and Drew trying to survive the foul stench of his cigarettes. He was more than pleased when they pulled up in the reserved parking lot for fair goers, wasting no time in getting out the car and stretching.

Ever since he stormed out of the school, he didn't want to go home where Greg was most likely was- so he was basically driving around aimlessly until he realized that Travis was home after school. And what better way to get his mind off things than spending time with his best friend? Travis was a great source of entertainment.

Travis stepped out the truck, throwing the white stick to the ground and stepping on it with the boots he had on his feet roughly. "Alright, let's make a move!"

He snapped his fingers dramatically and Drew rolled his eyes, following behind. There was a slight wind because it was an Friday evening in February but never freezing since they only lived in Los Angeles. This was actually the type of weather he enjoyed as he tucked his hands into his windbreaker.

He suddenly felt an arm around his shoulder, turning his head to see Travis looking at him with a wicked smile. "Buy me a hot dog, bro?"

Drew rolled his eyes for a second time that night. "Damn Trav, you would think I'm your boyfriend and this is a date or something."

"You are my boyfriend," Travis replied in a high pitched squeal, batting his eyelashes. "And I appreciate you so much, daddy."

Instantly, Drew started laughing, grabbing his stomach as he doubled over. "You are so fucking annoying."

Travis looked at his best friend, glad he could make him laugh. He could tell Drew just wasn't himself when he got in the truck and though, he didn't know why, he was glad to see him in a better mood now.

"So, is that a yes?" He raised a eyebrow, watching as Drew nodded his head.

"Yeah. I'll buy you the damn hot dog." He wiped his eyes of the joyous tears, walking behind Travis as they made their way over to the stand a few feet away, waiting in line. The line moved quick and in less than 3 minutes, they were in front of the counter, requesting 2 everything hot dogs.

Drew paid like he said he would, reaching inside his wallet and then passing the money to the man as he grabbed his hot dog and went over to a bench, in which Travis took a seat right next to him.

"Thank you, daddy." Travis whispered in his ear, causing Drew to almost choke on his food as he started laughing again.

He coughed. "I got you the dog, Trav. Stop calling me that."

"Deal," Travis bit the hot dog. "To be honest with you, I was feeling a little gay for a second there. I mean, I feel like that sober sometimes and that shit scares me-"

"I am so going to miss this after we graduate." Drew interrupted him, shaking his head as he wiped the ketchup off from the side of his mouth where it spilled.

Travis smiled. "I'm going to miss you in general, man. You're a big shot now, but you're gonna be a even bigger big shot in college. And you know, I'm still gonna be here. Wondering if we drop soap on the floor, is the floor clean or is the soap dirty?"

"I think the soap is dirty, Trav," Drew responded, slowly chewing the food before letting it settle down his throat. Once done, he wiped his hands, placing a hand on the shoulder of the guy next to him. "And whether I'm the man in the high school or the man at whatever college I decide to go too, you still my boy. That's not gonna change, man. Not now. Not ever."

Travis was silent after Drew's warming words, soon parting his lips to let out a series of sixteen words. "I hope this isn't weird or anything, bro... But like, yo man, can I hug you?"

Drew chuckled, before standing up. "Yeah, let's go."

Travis stood to his feet after that as well, both the young men wrapping their arms in a strong embrace before awkwardly patting each other's back and pulling away.

"Hey, look," Travis fixed the hat he had on the top of his head, pointing his finger in the opposite direction in which Drew was facing. "Mariah's here."