APG | 21.

April 2nd, 2016-

"I didn't know you had moves like this, hotshot." Mariah smiled, her hands interlocking with Drew's as they danced on the dance floor.

"You never asked, princess." He smirked, taking one arm and spinning her around, dipping her in his arms and allowing their faces to be only a few inches apart.

"You're right. It makes me wonder about all those bad flaws you were just talking about." Mariah continued dancing, turning around and allowing Drew to grab her waist from behind.

"They're nothing to worry about." He whispered, trying to sound as convincing as possible. After all, he was still basically perfect- it was just the fact of how he was spending too much time with a certain teacher that would say something else. But if it was up to him, no one would ever find out about that.

Mariah's body was a steady rhythm against his. "I hope not. Because you do know that everything done in the dark comes to light, don't you?"

He brought his lips closer to her ear, so she could feel his breath. "But not for the perfect student."

"Mmm, okay. On that note, I have to go to the bathroom. Plus, you look like you need a break, anyway." She pulled away and he grabbed her hand, raising an eyebrow at her words.

"Please Mariah Ashanti, I can do this all night if I want too." He teased, tongue poking out to playfully challenge her.

"Oh God, don't call me that," She laughed, a hand coming to her mouth. "And we'll see about that. I'll be right back."

"I'll miss you!" Drew called out, watching as she maneuvered her way through the crowd and down the hall to the bathroom.

Drew watched her to make sure she got there safely, wiping his sweaty forehead with his hand and then glancing down at his watch.

It was around 12 in the morning now but the party was still going, of course. Travis was known to have parties of the year over spring break and since this was their senior year, Drew expected nothing less than just that.

He walked over into the kitchen and to the cooler after a few minutes of awkwardly just standing in the middle of what was the dance floor, and reached down to grab a beer.

He cracked it open and sipped it, leaning against the counter as he took notice of how a large crowd formed a few feet away in the living room.

This peaked his curiosity, but his mind was still focused on Mariah as he figured he might as well go check it she was okay, since it had been at least 10 minutes since she had disappeared.

He got worried, walking down the hall and pressing his ear to the door as he knocked loud enough for her to hear. "Mariah, are you in there?"

Silence.

"Mariah, you okay?"

Silence again.

"Alright, I'm going in." He replied, wiggling the doorknob and making his way in. The door wasn't locked and though, that confused him for a second.. He soon realized it was because no one was in there.

"Mariah?!" His voice was filled with panic as he turned to rush into the crowd, searching for the beautiful girl with the beautiful golden brown skin.

He pushed people aside in his process, finally making his way to the front to pick faces through the other side of the crowd, only to be shocked with just what was in the middle.

"Mariah?!" His voice was free of panic this time, instead shock filling within him as he took notice of the sweet little angel that had his heart in her palm, laid across the table and allowing some random kids from school to do body shots on her.

She sat up at the sound of her name being called, her face flushed and her eyes red like a cherry as she allowed Drew to grab her hand and help her up.

"Mariah, what are you doing?" The young man asked her, eyeing her up and down as she just shrugged.

"When I came out the bathroom, some guy was harassing me about being a goody two shoes and not knowing how to party. Then, he passed me some drink and here I am." She giggled, tilting over as Drew grabbed her by the waist to keep her balance.

She had a red solo cup in her hand and Drew could only assume it was her second one as he took it from her hand and sniffed it. She was a lightweight.

He couldn't figure out what it was, the smell disgusting and unrecognizable as he put it back on the table.

"Mariah, you can't just take drinks from anybody. Who... Who gave it to you?"

"It was..." She paused, grabbing her head like she was in deep thought. "Trevor."

"Travis?"

"Yeah, him! He gave me one." Mariah smiled, her eyes still red.

"I'm going to kill him." Drew shook his head, grabbing the young lady's hand and having her follow him to where Travis was on his laptop, as usual.

"Bro!" Travis was cheesing when he noticed Drew walking up, not noticing the angry scowl on his face. "Enjoying yourself?"

"I was, until I found out you gave Mariah a suspicious drink that got her acting out of character."

Travis' eyes darted back and forth from both Drew and Mariah in front of him, not a care in the world on his face. "Hey, it's her first party. I was just trying to get her as litty titty as possible."

"And what did you give her?" Drew questioned, loud so that Travis could hear him over the music.

"Just a sweet combo of everything." Travis smiled and not one single moment has ever made Drew want to slap the shit out of his best friend like he wanted to right now.

He took a deep breath to calm down. "She needs to lay down. We're going upstairs."

"Upstairs is blocked." Travis yelled out, interrupting Drew from turning around and making his way up the stairs.

"You owe me." Was all Drew responded, grabbing the young girl's hand and unclicking the velcro rope Travis had in front of the steps, walking through and clicking it back.

He led her upstairs, his hand still wrapped around her waist as he guided her towards the first bedroom, which belonged to Travis.

He opened the door and an unidentifiable scent wafted through his nostrils. A combination of sweat, weed, cigarettes and just other things. He coughed, closing the door behind him.

"Ugh. Not in there." He continued leading until he got to the second and last bedroom, otherwise known as the room that belonged to Travis' parents.

Drew opened the door, looking around the large master bedroom and guiding Mariah to the bed.

"Lay down, Riah." He gently helped her down on the bed, reaching down and slipping off the moccasin slippers she had clad on her feet. He turned to put her shoes by the door, the sound of her groggy voice invading his ears.

"Drew, please, don't leave. Stay here with me."

"I was planning too, love. Don't worry." He walked back over to her and pushed her stray curls back, kissing her forehead sweetly.

"Come lay." She patted the space next to her and Drew nodded, crawling into the bed next to her and allowing her head to rest against his chest.

He kissed her forehead again, and before he knew it, she had rolled over on top of him, her hands coming to the sides of his face and kissing his neck.

He paused. "Riah, what are you doing?"

"What every other girl in the school wants. You."

"Mariah, stop it." He grabbed her and pulled her back a little, making her look him in the eyes.

She frowned. "Don't you want me?"

"I do, I really do, but not like this. This isn't you, Mariah. And I respect and care about you way too much to do you like that," He kissed her cheek. "Now, please, can you just get some rest for me?"

She nodded her head at his words and before he knew it, that's exactly what she did.