APG | 33.

May 27th, 2016-

"Hey, come here," Drew called over to his best friend Travis whom came to his side immediately. "Check out the woman over there."

Travis' eyes followed the direction Drew was staring in, seeing that he was talking about a woman at the bar whom for some reason had a pout on her lips. That was the first thing to be noticed but they couldn't act like her mocha skin tone, fit looking body in her tight dress, and long curly jet black hair was something to be talked about.

"She's hot, bro," Travis responded, his hand coming to pat Drew on the shoulder in approval

"She's hot, bro," Travis responded, his hand coming to pat Drew on the shoulder in approval. "I see why you've been watching her. But there's no way you can get her."

Drew's eyebrow raised at the challenge. "Oh?"

"She's fine as fuck. And you're a baseball nerd. You stand no chance. I'm shocked you even got Mariah in the palm of your hand." Travis leaned against the wall next to him, smoking his cigarette and watched as the woman & her friend both glanced over at them in their spot.

"Let's not talk about Riah right now," Drew sipped the last of the beer in his bottle and tossed it in the garbage beside them. "And I bet you, I can get her."

Travis started laughing. "There's no way you're leaving here with her."

"Don't need too. Do me a favor and check the bathrooms for us in 20 minutes." Was all he said, before he walked away from him, and took a seat at the bar right next to the older woman.

*   *

"Everyone, please stand for the flag salute." Principal Parnell's voice called over the loud speakers that were on the baseball field, everyone in the crowd rising to their feet as well as the players in their sectioned box.

"Drew, stand up." He was snapped out of his daydream by his teammate Nick, as he stood to his feet and crossed his hand over his heart. Nick watched him with an intent eye, waiting for the pledge to finish before he grabbed the young man's shoulder and shook him lightly.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Slowly, Drew nodded his head up and down, licking his lips. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine."

"Alright. Just checking. You look a bit out of it." Nick sat back down on the bench, as Drew shook his head side to side and swallowed his spit.

"No, no. I'm good. Just nervous."

"Don't be. You got this." Nick reached up and patted his back and Drew remained silent, staring off in the distance until he was interrupted again.

"Montgomery!" His head turned to glance at the coach standing at the doorway of the box, whom was gesturing for him to come out.

Drew followed the silent instruction, his feet stepping on the gravel as the coach rested an hand on his back. "Tonight's your night, kid. So, we're going to get you out there as much as possible. You're pitcher."