Four

"So he's in Perth right now and you're stuck here when you could be with Mahogany and all her friends?" Josh says. I nod.  We were at our special creek on a beautiful Saturday morning.

"Yup. I wish he could just let me be free I mean I'm not going to do anything bad. I'm just going to hang out with my cousin who I haven't seen since I was about 8."

"Well to see it from your dads point of view, you're still one of his little girls even though you're seventeen. He probably just doesn't want to lose you." I guess he was right.

The sun shines above us and it starts to get really hot. It can still get super hot even though it's about to be winter time.

"Josh I wanna go for a swim." I whine.

"You don't have a swim suit or anything."

"Well give me your shirt then."

"Eh?"

"Give me your shirt. You can swim in your shorts and I can wear you shirt over me. Does that not make any sense to you?" He shrugs and takes his shirt off.

Okay.

Wow.

The last time I saw Josh shirtless was when we were 14 and we went down to the beach for a barbecue and he got sauce on his shirt. He was a little chubbier then but now.

Now looking at him. Oh my flipping flippers.

"Are you gonna take it or what?" He waves his shirt in my face. I snatch it and poke my tongue at him.

"Now turn around."

"Why?"

"Because I said so." He turns and I quickly take my shirt off and put his over me. I take off my shorts and jump in the creek. "This is a great way to cool off." I dive under and go back up to the surface where Josh does an enormous cannonball on me.

"You're right this is relaxing." He says as he floats past me on his back. I splash him and he splashes back. I stand up and run upstream until we got to the shallow part.

For about five minutes we throw mud at each other and splash each other until I tripped Josh over which made him fall on me. I was dying of laughter at this point.

"You have mud all over your face. What are you? The mud monster." I say to him while crying of laughter.

"I dunno know, am I?" He was inches away from me now and I could feel my heart racing.

He looked down at my lips then back up at me. He took forever to do it so I did it for him. That was such a good idea.

His lips were soft but were covered in mud so I had to move away and spit the mud out.

"Sorry I forgot about that." He laughs and wipes his face with water. While he was doing that, I got out from under him and walk back to the picnic blanket. I lay down looking up at the sky until my view gets blocked by Josh. He leans down and kisses me once more. This time his lips not tasting like mud.

"BLAIR!? WHERE ARE YOU!" I heard my little sister call. Josh quickly jumped off me, I took his shirt off and put my shirt and shorts back on.

"COLETTE WERE OVER HERE!" I wave until she sees me.

"Mum wants you back home now because she has to tell you something." I nod and pack the things up. I jump on Apricot and Josh jumps on the back holding onto me and the bag of stuff.

"Today was really good. I enjoyed it." I smile back at Josh. Colette had already gone ahead so at least she wouldn't find out.

"I'm glad you had a good time. I had a great time." He whispers in my ear. I smile and tell Apricot to go.

We arrive back home where Josh then had to leave. I walk up the stairs to my house dazed and reminding myself of today.

"Ah there you are honey. Come sit I've got some news." I nod and take a seat on the couch next to mum.

"What's up?"

"Since your father is gone and I thought it was really unfair of him to say no and I'm officially the proper adult of the house, I'm allowing you to take some time off school and go and visit Mahogany in America." I just looked at her confused.

"Is this the part where all the cameras jump out and say 'You've just been pranked!' Or is this a dream? I'm so confused right now. What?"

"Blair I'm letting you go to America. I've got your tickets and Mahogany knows you're coming. You leave on Monday so you won't be going to school. I'm relying on you to do some online schooling as well okay. I'm letting you take a long holiday, probably until your father gets back from the mines." I jump up with glee and hug my mum.

"Oh m gosh thank you thank you thank you! Did I say thank you? Mum you're literally the best!" I kiss her cheek and run down the hall to my bedroom singing 'I'm going to America.'