This isnt fair

"Vikk?" I look over my shoulder and see Ellie walking towards me her face tear stained similarly to mine, "What are you doing?"

"Out." I cough feeling very dizzy as I stand.

"How have you messed up now?" She asked.

"None of you business." I snap as she gets closer to me.

"You smell like weed." She said and took a step back, "I'm getting Jamie to call Simon."

"No Ellie." I mutter, "He don't know I'm out."

"I'm sorry Vikk it hurts to see you like this." A tear runs down her face, "Just do this for me okay."

"Why are you out anyway?" I ask.

"Drinking with mates that left me." She took out her phone, "Hi babe. Not really can you pick me up. Park the usual one. Also can you call Simon and tell him Vikks here high. Like really bad. Nope. Alright I will be quick. Okay see you soon. Love you."

"Why did you have to do that."

"So you don't end up killing yourself." She stood next to me in the cold the light from her phone illuminating (hurry up Josh) our faces in the darkness, I look up at the sky clouds covering the moon and no starts to be seen, "Would you just stay here until Simon comes please."

"I don't see why you had to do that."

"Please Vikk." Her voice low.

"Alright only because he would be out all night looking for me now he knows."  I shield my eyes as the head lights from a car approach us, squinting I look to see who it is, "Simon."

"Why Vikk?" He asked stepping out the car, "Just why?"

"You know." I snap.

"Look we will talk about this later." He turns to Ellie, "Look I don't like you much but thank you for this."

"No problem." She smiled checking her phone.

"We are staying here until Jamie comes and picks you up." I glare at Simon, "I promised him."

"You should take Vikk home I will be fine."

"I'm standing right here you know." I play with the joint I had in my pocket wishing I had a lighter on me, "You don't happen to have a lighter on you?"

"No."

"Yeah I do why?" Ellie said taking a bright pink lighter out her bag.

"I need this right now." I say lighting it and taking a huge drag, "Don't try and stop me Simon."

"I'm not going to I'm just disappointed." He sighed.

"When have I don't anything but disappoint you." I grit my teeth, "I wasn't good enough for you until I left."

"Do be serious Vikk." I roll my eyes, "And I'm sure Ellie doesn't want to hear this."

I squint again as another car pulls up this time Jamie gets out and smiles, "Thanks Simon. Let's go Ellie."

"Bye." She smiled getting in the car, Jamie drives off leaving us alone in the darkness.

"Come on Vikk lets go home." He grabs my hand. 

"I don't really want to."

"Please Vikk I'm not stopping you finish that. I just want to home." He pulls me over to the car and surprisingly I don't bother resisting, "Thank you Vikk."

I finish it and get in the car next to Simon, "This isn't fair."

"Nothing's fair Vikk." We sat in silence as he drove when we were nearly home he randomly said, "If life was fair we wouldn't be in the mess we are now."

Authors note

I've started my meds yesterday so that's why I haven't been writing. I guess I've been feeling strange. I mean nothing's wrong just nothing's right. Anyway here's a chapter.

Hugs, kisses and peace ✌🏻️