Chapter 16

I hit Jacob over the head with a pillow to wake him up. It was five in the morning and I was getting annoyed having to wait for him. Our brother was captured and probably in danger and Jacob couldn't even get up to go save him.

Jacob groaned and rolled over, pulling his pillow over his head.

"Idiot," I hissed under my breath then yanked Jacob's blankets off of him.

"Get up Jacob." He groaned again and curled into a ball.

I sighed then turn around and fell onto him. "We need to go," I said to him.

He tried to push me off of him but I held my ground until he said, "fine. I'm up."

I got off of Jacob and he rolled out of bed. Surprisingly, it only took him a few minutes to get ready and as soon as he was, we headed out.

"So you know where the Elgen building is, correct?" I asked as we walk through the streets of Austin Texas.

"Yup. It's kind of in the middle of no where though so we have a long way to walk."

I looked over at Jacob. "Do you think we should take a cab then?"

He shook his head. "No, it'll be better if no one knows where we're going."

"Right," I muttered softly. It took us a little over an hour to get to the Elgen building though Jacob and I found the building after about fifty minutes of walking.

It was a pretty big building but it looked run down from the outside. The building was still intact but it didn't look as if anyone lived there or took care of the building.

The fence, which used to be an electric fence at some point, on the outside of the building looked to be in even worse condition. Even though it was still standing, there were several holes in the fence.

"Come on," I said to Jacob and started sprinting towards the fence.

I stopped when I got to it and squatted near one of the lowest holes. I knew the fence had once been an electric fence but I didn't think there was any way it was one now so I started to crawl through it.

Jacob, who was still far behind me, had other thoughts though. "Emi-" he started to say but before he could finish, something - a black shape - came out of nowhere and tackled me to the ground.