Chapter 23

I froze stalk-still at the woman's words. My aunt? I didn't even know I had an aunt. Or an uncle for that matter. Nor did I know that they were evil. Or... related to me.

I mean I guess it made sense because the woman looks exactly like my mom, but why didn't mom and dad tell us? Or why didn't Ostin say anything about her evil twin sister when he had relayed the information to them? Why didn't we know of these relatives.

"An aunt and uncle?" I whispered softly to myself so no one else can hear. I was too mind boggled to say anything else. Ethan and Jacob looked pretty stunned too though. Raymond just looked confused.

"But I thought... I thought you guys had changed. Didn't you join the electroclan?" Raymond asked the two.

Quentin, instead of answering Raymond, also began to walk forward but instead of stopping before us like Tara had, he walked past. Tara followed him and the four chairs we were in begin to pivot by something they were on in the floor.

I gasped softly when I saw the other side. While I had thought we were in just any normal, bright white room, it was nothing of the sort.

The room was actually more of a lab of some sort. There was a large tank with eels in it and machines and other objects that I couldn't even guess what they did.

"We did join the electroclan," Quentin finally said, "but all that we did is the past. You see, with Hatch, we knew we would never surmount to anything. Everything was a monarch, he was the king, and there were fifteen other glows, besides us, that he refused to or couldn't kill."

"So we helped my petty sister and her little group," Tara continued. "But that was only temporary. We were planning something far greater. And now, when we're done, we will be the only two glows left alive and we will have taken over the world."

"So why not just kill us?" Ethan growled.

Quentin snorted, "Well we're not idiots. You're families are killed if they are nonels, they have no powers, but you kids are powerful and you could be useful and, if you are, you stay alive until you outlive that."

Raymond looked down at the ground at the words of Quentin and I could almost tell what he was thinking. No one in his family had any powers so if Quentin and Tara were somehow able to figure that out, then there was a low possibility that any of them were still alive.

I bit my lip softly and wondered how many they had killed. How many nonels and glows they had killed. With any luck, all of the glows could still be alive as Tara and Quentin could be using them. I didn't know how high that possibility is though or how Tara and Quentin can tell the difference between a nonel and a glow.

"Axel!" Tara snapped.

I flinched at the sudden outburst but saw the boy who had been leaning against the wall walk past us. His back faced me and my eyes widen as I suddenly realize where I had seen him. He was the boy from the hotel. The one who I had chased after right before Ethan disappeared.

"Get the oldest up there," Tara said to the boy, Axel, and nodded to Ethan.

I glared deeply at Axel as he does what he was told. I knew Axel had something to do with Ethan' s kidnapping. I just did. There's no other reason why he would have been at the hotel that night.

Axel untied Ethan from his chair, and Ethan suddenly lunged at him. Ethan was trying to fight back. The brawl only lasted a few seconds though as Ethan soon cried out and fell back onto the floor, writhing in pain.

Quentin looked satisfied and the lights on the box attached to Ethan were blinking brighter and faster so I could guess pretty accurately that Quentin had probably just turned Ethan' s level up.