Chapter 15

Ethan slowly began to come to in the middle of a pitch black room, tied to a chair. He tried to teleport — or even move — but found that he couldn't

The wrist bands on the chair kept him from moving and while he didn't know what kept him from teleporting, he did know that any time he tried to, the pain currently effecting his whole body only grew worse.

All he remembered before coming to this location is that after he had teleported Jacob out of the room, the ghost in the room had approached him and somehow caused his powers to freak out which ultimately, in turn, knocked him unconscious. And now, here he was, in the middle of a dark room tied to a chair.

"H- hello?" He called out in a raspy voice.

It took a moment but then an intercom came on and a feminine voice said, "glad to see your finally awake."

Ethan squinted into the darkness but he couldn't tell where the intercom was that this lady was speaking from. He couldn't even tell where it was by the sound of her voice. It's almost like her voice was on all sides of him.

"I'm sure you already figured this out but I would advise against using your powers, darling."

Ethan frowned, silently noting that the way she said darling was almost mocking.

"We do know about them and trust me, attempting to use them will only make matters worse."

"Where- where am ?" Ethan asked.

The lady seemed to laugh softly. "A place many describe as Hell on Earth. It's called Cell 25 and it will be your home for the next few days." Before Ethan could ask any more questions, the intercom switched off and the bindings came off if the chair, allowing him to move freely now.

Ethans initial reaction was excitement but dread quickly overtook him. He couldn't explain the feeling very well or why he felt it, something was just suddenly making him jumpy. He almost felt as if he were on edge like there was something in the room waiting to attack him.

"Hello?" Ethan called out but there was no answer. The fear just continued to eat him and Ethan eventually slid to the ground.

He felt his way in the dark to a wall so he knew nothing would attack him from behind and decided to just wait there until the feeling subsided.