Chapter 14

Axel walked through the halls of what had been his 'home' for the past few years, going over his last mission over and over again in his mind. The mission was actually kind of fun for him since the girl had chased him. It's not very often that he is able to actually get his adrenaline going.

His dread increased though as he neared the door. This was his least favorite part of every mission. He knocked on the door and, a moment later, a voice answered, "who is it?"

"Axel," the boy answered.

"Come in," the voice from inside answered. Axel pushed the door open and saw him sitting at the desk seemingly filling something out. 'She' wasn't here at the moment and Axel could only assume she was off dealing with the others.

"How did it go?" The man at the desk asked without looking up.

"I only got one of them," Axel answered. The man frowned but Axel knew he wasn't too upset because he was told before that he only needed at least one of the Vey children. If he had one, the other two would follow.

"Which one?"

"The oldest."

"And what of the other two?"

"They were there but I didn't get a chance to catch them. There was something odd about the youngest though, the girl."

"How so?" The man asked, still not looking up.

"Well, I was told that she had no powers but when I got to the hotel, she was in the pool. Glowing."

Now the man looked up at Axel in interest. "The girl was glowing in the pool?"

"Along with the pool, yes."

"And what did you do?"

"She turned around before I could do anything."

The man paused for a moment before he said, "very well. And what of the oldest."

"He is in the cell."

"The cell I told you to put him in?"

"Yes."

"Good. You are dismissed."

The man waved Axel away who nodded. He then turned and left the room, but made sure to close the door behind him first.

After Axel left, the man smiled darkly to himself. It was Vey' s fault that he had been put into the Cell of Nightmares so many years ago and now Vey was going to pay. Vey was going to pay through his children who were now at the man's dispense.

He pressed the button for the intercom on his desk and said, "honey, please bring back cell 25."