Chapter 17

Ethan hadn't slept at all the night before. He had sat in the cell all night, listening for the thing that was in here to make a sound.

He was shaking from fear and anticipaton. He had tried to find this thing many times yet he couldn't find it. He knew it was in here though. His instincts just told him that something had been in the cell with him.

With every breeze that passed over him, he flinched as though waiting to be attacked. He didn't even know how long he had been in this cell. It was almost impossible to tell. There was no clock in here and it was pitch black so that even if there was a clock, Ethan wouldn't be able to see it. And on top of that, he still couldn't use his powers.

Ethan suddenly lifted his head and called out for what seemed like the millionth time, "can you please tell me where I am?"

He didn't think the thing in the cell would answer but he was hoping the lady from earlier would.

"Someone? Anyone? Please?" Ethan paused but there's no answer.

He sighed and leaned his head back against the wall. Even though Ethan wanted to get out of this cell so very badly, he was glad it was him who got put in here instead of Jacob or Emily.

The three of them always knew that Ethan was the bravest which meant he was most suited to last the longest in this dreaded place.

Ethan suddenly heard something, or thought he heard something, on his right side. He quickly looked in that direction and tried to strain his eyes to see something. Anything. But of course there was nothing. Well, nothing he could see.

He carefully began to move to his right though, using his right hand as a sort of probe. He continued until he hits a wall. He sighed and leaned his forehead against that wall.

Searching was almost useless. He was never going to get out of the cell and he was never going to find the creature that was in the cell with him. And for the first time since he got in here, he admitted to himself that he was afraid.

Very afraid.