Chapter 21

It was still impossible for Ethan to tell how long he had been in his cell.

It could have been a half an hour. Or a few hours. Or a day.

Or multiple days.

Or weeks.

He had lost a complete sense of time being in the cell. All he knew was that he needed a new shirt for the one he was wearing had gotten somewhat sweaty during his time so far.

He was still scared half to death and all Ethan wished to do is get sleep. At one point, Ethan did finally rest his head on his knees and he had slipped into a half state of unconsciousness.

It didn't last long though because soon after, a large explosion woke Ethan up. He heard no other noises but he could no longer get to sleep. It was unbearable for him to be in the cell. Absolutely dreadful.

After another expanse of who-knows-how-much-time this wish is finally granted. The door to Ethans cell opened and a boy about Ethans age stood there, in the doorway.

Now that the door was open, Ethan scanned the cell that had been his temporary home. The light allowed him to see the entire cell but he still could not find his little friend who had caused him so much grief and anguish. Ethan frowned.

He could have sworn there was something in the cell with him.

"Ethan," the boy said, "could you please come with me? You're friends are here and they are expecting you."

Ethan looked over at the boy again and just stared at him for a moment as if he had two heads. "What do you mean?"

The boy sighed. "Your friends. They have arrived. They will be wanting to see you soon. Along with the two people who have kept you here all this time."

"And how long have I been here?" Ethan asked.

"A day," the boy answered. Ethan was stunned to find out it had only been a day. It had felt much longer than that. He finally nodded though and slowly gets to his feet.

"Where am I?" Ethan asked the guy who just shook his head.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you. You'll find out soon though."

Ethan followed the boy weakly to another room where, inside, they were awaited by the two masters of the house.