chapter 3

Amanda's POV

I looked at the time. 22:10. Great movie time.

I put on my slippers on got off my bed. I went downstairs and I jumped on my couch about to watch The Maize runner when I heard my door bell ring. "Arg, seriously" I groaned to myself.

"Open the freaking door sis, or I'll knock it down" my sister shouted. "Gosh sorry"I laughed as I opened the door.

She instantly jumped in for what I assumed was a hug but we both fell to the floor. "I missed you so much, you've been so busy with your tour" she said to me. "I know but the tour has been amazing so far, people are really loving the songs."

Most people don't know this but Amy is my song writer. She has literally written all of my songs.

My sister is the closest person I have, she's my twin sister for goodness sake. She can sing but she's passionate about writing so I think we make a pretty good team. She sang with me once in Brazil, we were amazing but Amy isn't really the type who loves the stage, lights and cameras. She's more behind the scenes.

"So how's Vince?" I asked as we sat on the couch. Vince was my sister's boyfriend and I rarely got to see him. A nice guy though.

"We broke up" she said with an expressionless face. "What happened?" I asked worriedly yet angry because he could have hurt her or broken her heart.

"Nothing, he was a piece of shit anyways"she shrugged. "But just tell me, don't I deserve to know" I asked and she just nodded. "He told me he had fallen in love with someone else and it would be useless to keep a relationship that had no love so I just broke it of a few weeks ago, I didn't want to tell you over the phone, and don't be sad I'm over it,"she said.

"Ohk but you should have told me earlier" I said. "I need to be there as an older sister". She smiled," Ya I know and two minutes doesn't count. "It does in life,there should always be an older sister and younger, and if two minutes is the difference so be it," I said as we both started laughing."

The laughing dilled down which led to a moment of silence until she broke it with her question.

"Where's David" she asked. David was sorta my boyfriend.

"He's coming back from Italy tomorrow." I said as a smile crept on my face. "I'm happy for you sis, his the first guy who you are opening to after John." She said.

My heart stopped with his name. She just had to mention him.

"Hey he was a good friend." I retorted back. "You know you liked him more than that, you just didn't want to accept it, and what happened to you guys? It's like after you left with your record deal you lost contact".

It was true, when I left to follow my dreams, life just got in the way and one day we just stopped talking.

"We sorta did but I wonder what he is in life, it has to be something in arts because he loves instruments ," I smiled reminiscing about my past with him.

He was my guy best friend for crying out loud. It was hard to leave but I had to follow my passion.

"You know you could easily find him if you wanted to" my sister stated. "Yeah maybe when I get the chance but not today." I said back.

"But why?" she asked. "Its already late and I need to go to a meeting tomorrow." I replied hoping that my reason seemed believable.

"That's just an excuse but ok, I gotta run now, I really missed you and now I'm happy that we talked, get some sleep." And with that I accompanied her outside until she left through the gate and I went back in the house.

My phone started buzzing and I opened my phone to find it was David.
****************************

David: Just wanted to check up on you, see how you are doing and say goodnight

Amanda: Aw you're too sweet, I'm just tired

David: Don't be so tired that you can't meet me tomorrow

Amanda: I wouldn't, and I have a meeting tomorrow so come directly after

David: Your wish is my command, just email the address

Amanda: 👍

David: I love you

Amanda: goodnight

David: You won't say it back?

Amanda: Love is a big word

David: Will talk tomorrow

Amanda: ohk
*****************************

I sighed as I put my phone in my pocket heading upstairs. I respected David a hell lot and he was there for me and always supported but I could never tell him I loved him and mean it. I just liked him.

He would always be there to talk to, to hug , and I would always be comforted. We were close friends so us dating didn't surprise anyone. My mom supported it as long as my career was put first. Books before boys gals.

I took a nice long shower and after that I went to my bedroom. I was getting ready for bed when I remembered something.

Something from my past. I got up and went to my closet. Starting the search.

"Where is it?" I start mumbling to myself opening every closet, every nook and cranny." Where could it be arg" starting to get frustrated. I was getting tired and on the edge of giving up.

"Yes" I finally found it. I had the small box in my hands that I found in my jewelry cabinet and then placed it on my bed.

I opened it and took out a necklace with a heart. I smiled at it and whispered " Good times " right before I laid down and closed my eyes still having the piece of jewelry gripped tightly in my hands against my chest and soon fell into slumber.

That night, I slept peacefully.
*******

If you forgot Amanda's necklace,check out chapter 2s media.

Any questions...

Weliqueen💋