chapter 32

Amanda positioned herself upright, trying to not cause the little pain that was left in her shoulder to stir up.

It had been two weeks since she left the hospital and living in the comfort of John's home was more healing than the occasional medication she was assigned to take time to time.

She wasn't necessarily allowed out of bed rest but today was an important day for her mom, she thought it would be a wonderful idea to have a home lunch with friends and family.

She was already dressed and ready in a floral skin tight dress with flats, and very light makeup but she was uneasy.

No one knew she invited David an hour before giving him only a message stating she wanted to talk and for him to dress casually. She saw this as a good time to make amends as John was in the studio talking to Greg about the album, which in fact was half way done.

She walked downstairs, watching all the helpers that were hired for this event go on with their work.

"Morning Denna" she greeted the head of staff with a polite smile.

"Morning ma'am" the old aged lady replied.

"Nonsense Denna, no formalities" she giggled knowing very well on how many times she'd tell her to call her by name.

"Yes ma'am, sorry yes Amanda." She said as she excused herself to the kitchen.

The garden looked exquisite. The lunch party was meant to be a humble gathering but now looked like the dinner her mom hosted a few months back when her brothers had come home. She had no doubt in her mind that John had no clue on what was happening to his quiet home.

The thought of his face filled her mind, making her realise how much she missed his hazel eyes.

A knock on the door disturbed her thoughts, her nervousness building up. If she thought she was nervous, now was a whole different level.

She always had the habit of running her hands through her mane, but since recent changes of life got her to base the decision of having her hair length a little shorter than before it didn't feel normal to do it.

"Hey" she said shyly as she positioned herself so he could enter. His ruffled dark hair making it impossible for her not to remember the times when they actually had chemistry.

"Hey" he finally said back after seeing the business of the house.

"How are you?" she tried saying, practicly avoiding the elephant that was sitting in the room. She had to apologize.

"I'd ask the same thing to you" he said coming closer.

"I'm fine David, I just called you here to apologize on how I acted. I went through a lot and I shouldn't have blamed you for something you clearly didn't do and I'm sorry for that." She said finally.

"Your reasons to think it was me were solid, I can't blame you. I shouldn't have ever laid a finger on you and think I could get you back so easily. I guess I missed my chances of being with the most wonderful girl in the world." He said as her heart melted.

Sure there wasn't an ounce of love for him in her heart that frankly didn't even belong to her anymore but she never liked breaking hearts especially to someone who made her smile once in her life.

She was too kind. Any woman using reason would see it as stepping the line, but not her.

"David don't" she paused.

"I just wanted you to know I'm sorry and that we could be friends if you'd like and ask you to stay for this lunch. John and I are hosting." She said clearly seeing his face turn with John's name.