chapter 5

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had always been a fan of light makeup. It suits me well. I wore a black backless dress. Put my hair up in a bun and put on my black heels. David had told me it was a formal place and I did not want to disappoint him. I took my clutch purse and headed downstairs where David was.

He was standing by the door in all his glory. What did I do to deserve him, I thought to myself . He noticed me and he looked starstruck.

I giggled, "Do I look that bad." He finally zoned back in to reality  "No no of course not you're just so beautiful, God gave me an angel" he said as he kissed my hand.

All I could do was smile shyly. Then we got into the car and off we went.

The place was beautiful. It reminded me of this movie I saw. The elegance in this place made me thank the lords I dressed the way I did.

He led me to a beautiful table for two in a more quiet corner. He moved the seat for me so I could sit down. What a gentleman.

I loved our seats because I had a good view. I could see the whole city out of the window. I embraced the beauty of the bright lights and tall buildings and the man in front of me.

"Thanks for taking me here, its beautiful." I said looking away from the view and into his eyes. "You welcome love shall we order?" He asked. "Of course " I replied. I looked at the menu and it was filled with food I hadn't tried before.

"Honey how about you order for me." I offered him because he might have known what was delicious in this place. "Sure, I hope I pick something you'll like." I giggled "I'm sure you will."

I looked away and saw the guest performer finishing up her performance. She had a beautiful voice. Her name was Vileria Kingston. Everyone was quiet when she sang. People clapped their hands when she was done and I also stood up.

She looked at me and smiled.

"You wanna give it a shot." She said looking at me. I pointed back at me as a question.

"Yes of course come up, everyone give a warm welcome to Miss Moset."

I looked at David. "Did you...?" The only thing he did was smile "Go honey, give them a show." I stood up and went to the little stage and settled myself.

"Can I use the guitar" I asked. "Sorry my bad" she said as she handed it to me. I tapped the mike twice just to make sure it worked.

"Hi, my name is Amanda Moset, most of you might know me. I'll be singing one of my songs called 'I live to love' hope you love it"

I sang like no one was looking at me. I love singing and audiences do not intimidate me. As long as you keep your thoughts intact and not let the audience scare you, you'd be fine.

After the performance I went back to my seat and people crept up my space when they started to ask for photographs but I didn't mind. I just thought it was rude for me as David just sat there. I quickly finished and our meals were here.

"Mm looks delicious" I said starting at the chocolate mousse cake glissered in what seemed like chocolate sauce but it had quite a difference in taste. "Why did you buy me dessert?" I continued feeling a bit anxious to why he wouldn't buy me a main meal. " I could tell you weren't that hungry so dessert was perfect." He answered as he took a bite of his food.

He was right I wasn't hungry. "You sang great love" he added. I felt my cheeks heat up as I tried to say the words properly "Thank you David." "Anytime babe." He replied while eating. I didn't mind the table manners, he did break them to compliment me. We'd fix those later.

We left the building and went straight to my house. He was seated on the couch while I went upstairs and took off my jewerlry and my shoes just to feel more comfortable.

"How was your meeting." He asked while I was going down the stairs. " It was good, they want me to do a collaboration with this pianist." I answered falling on the couch and resting my head on his shoulders.

"Is the pianist that John guy you wanted me to meet and he wasn't even there?" He started laughing and I felt like hitting him but I stood up and went to the kitchen.

"Yes and I wanted you to meet him because he was a close friend of mine when I was younger." "Close friends?" He said raising up his brow."Yes close friend, he was my best friend." I said lying on the kitchen counter.

"Well I hope this encounter with your close friend isn't anything more than business," he pulled my waist so I would turn around.

"What are you implying, I would never cheat on you" I said hurt that he would think that. By now I could feel his breath on my cheek. "I'm just saying don't think about it."

He grabbed my wrists so tight it began to hurt. " I don't want to be suspicious of you two, because to protect what's mine, I'm capable of doing many things and some of those things you wouldn't like."

Why was he treating me this way. I tried fighting him off but he got stronger. At some point in my consciousness it occurred to me that David wasn't all that charming. He was too perfect and I should've noticed before. He would get jealous at times but he wouldn't act on it.

He let my hands go but he was still close to me before I could try and push him off he punched me right in my gut.

Oww

"Why are you acting like this, you're hurting me, you're scaring me David." I said as more of my tears shed. He let go of me with the sight of them. His eyes filled with anger were now filled with regret. "I..I.. I'm sorry Amanda, I didn't mean to."

"Get out," I said softly but he just came closer. "I said get out!" This time with more force.

"Amanda you can't do this to me, I just get a little jealous at times , you can't blame me for that, I love you"

"If you loved me you wouldn't lay a finger on me." I said with an emotionless face, salt dried on my cheeks.

"You shouldn't be breaking up with me, you can't." What was wrong with him.

"I would and I will." holding the part of my wrist that hurt the most. He came closer to my ear and gently whispered "You'll regret this." I could feel his smirk on my ear. Arg.

I shoved him back and he walked away. He took one of my vases and smashed to the ground. That gave me an utmost shock and with that he left banging the door on his way out.

I fell to the floor and more tears came rushing. The pain I felt in my heart from the man I respected and admired so greatly broke my heart into tiny little pieces and left it there. And the physical pain didn't help at all.

He was so violent and I wouldn't have that in my life. If you loved someone you wouldn't be able to lay a hand on them. I didn't know much about love but I knew that fact.

I sobbed and sobbed until my eyes starting to close.I just wanted to be comforted by someone. My sister wasn't there and the person I called my best friend wouldn't be able to drive all the way here at night.  I layed on the floor until I was taken to a better place. Where I was happy and where everything I wanted and wished for happened.

My dreams

*************

Any questions?

-
Will update soon

Weliqueen💋