chapter 7

John's POV

It was a boring Saturday morning. I had just came back from my jog. Took a shower, freshened up and went down to watch some TV for entertainment.

I sat down but my attention was more to my phone. I was looking for Ama's sister's number just to check up on her since I couldn't get through her number. I finally found it and hoped she still used it.

I dialed the numbers, hoping at the end of the line wouldn't be a old crancky man whose only phone calls are with his doctor.

(Tring tring)

All I could do was wait for her to pick up.

-

Amy: Helo? Helo( she repeated before I could answer)

John: um yes hi Amy it's John

At that point I wasn't sure if it was even her.

Amy: John as in John Flinch?

John: I rubbed my head replying The one and only.

Amy: Long time hey, its like you just disappered from the world. I mean how are you. Wait are you married. God no don't be. I knew it , your calling to invite us isn't it. When we were young I could've sworn you would be..

I quickly interupted. Gosh she hasn't changed. If I didn't stop her she would talk till night.

John: Amy! I'm not married. I was actually calling to see how Ama was doing.

Amy: aw You still call her Ama

She always thought me calling her Ama was too cute. She'd always complain about how I didn't get her a nickname too but she gave me little to work with. How do you shorten Amy?

John: Yea…how is she?

She took a while before she said what intrigued me most. It seemed like she hanged up with how long it took for her to say this.

Amy: I'm telling you this because you were once best friends and she needs someone.

John: What happened?

I couldn't imagine anything happening to her. She was too kind for life to be cruel on her. I just hope it wasn't anything too serious. I don't know what I'd do with myself.

Amy: It turns out David is violent, he hurt her last night, she broke it off but she is still traumatized by it.