chapter 19

John's POV

I was sitting on my bed, I shared a presidential suite with Jared but he wasn't here at the moment.

A message popped up and it was Jared telling me to come by the pool.

It's been a few hours since we got to the hotel, we got into our room, Jared left and I stayed because I couldn't relax outside. I was wearing a white tight shirt with black jeans.

Sighing I got up and went down to the lobby.

I went to the pool just to see Jared shirtless in shorts and beside him was two ladies in bikinis. Classic.

He saw me and rushed in my direction leaving the girls all sad but he turned and gave them a reassurance he'd be coming back

"Hey what are you doing inside when there is all this to absorb."he said as he opened his arms like he was absorbing the summer sun.

I just looked at him."We have different ways of enjoying, I'm not even dressed for it, so I'm just gonna go back to the room."

"Wait wait wait" he hurriedly said as I was walking away. "What?" I abruptly asked. I really was not in the mood to be enjoy myself under the summer sun. Or to replicate Jared at the moment.

"I just wanted you to have some fun, I don't like seeing you like this." He sincerely said, his posture relaxing a bit. My expression softened.

"I know and I appreciate it but right now I want to just sit in my room and do nothing. Tell you what, tonight I'll go out anywhere you like, just let it be a place you know I wouldn't hate."

A smile crossed over his face as he engulfed me into a tight squeeze. "You're the greatest bro."he said as he turned his back to me and headed back to his girls. When will this guy ever get a girlfriend. I just lightly smiled and walked back bumping into something.

"Uh I'm sorry" I apologized when I realized I bumped into a lady causing her drink to spill on the floor.

"Its ohk" she smiled reassuring me she was well. My eyes finally met with a pair of beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"Its my fault anyways I didn't see where I was going." The blond said with an accent that clearly was not from here.

"No no,don't blame yourself, I wasn't looking." I said as she lightly smiled. "Um my name is John by the way." I reached out my hand. I didn't know her but it was impossible not to smile to her.

"Samantha" she answered reaching out her hand to complete the handshake.

"Nice to meet you,would you like a drink since I spilled yours."

"I don't want to cause trouble,you must be here with your girlfriend."she said so casually I laughed.

"Far from it. I'm actually here with my best friend,he's over there."I pointed to the guy drinking cocktails with what was now five girls around him. That animal.

"I hope you're not like that." I laughed slightly before I answered. "You have nothing to be worried about, and how about that drink."

"Sure" she said as we walked to the cocktail bar.

"I really don't want to buy anything that will cost you" she said humbly. I laughed internally. Money was not a problem at this point in my life but I'm not going to start a budding friendship from money.

"No, it's fine don't worry about it, order whatever you like."

She ordered and then I myself did, and as much as I knew this girl wouldn't replace Ama, she was a better choice to talk to over that wild man on my right. I just needed to relax.

"So why did you come here, to the hotel of course, you don't sound Australian but I wouldn't mind if you were. I just always tended to think everyone here has a certain accent."

She smiled "I'm not Australian, I'm from England, I came just to get my mind of things. I don't know why I feel like I can trust you but my boyfriend threw me like I was a piece of garbage. He didn't even give me a reason but I'm sure it was my bestess lad, because both of them do not talk to me anymore."she said all gloomy.

"I'm one person who can say I feel your pain because I do, it's hard just excepting the possibility they don't love you anymore." I said still staring at my glass.

"Yeah hey but let's not think about that you know! It gets me down. How about we toast today for new friendships because after this vacation ends, we'll all have to leave this place and continue our lives apart."

I smiled "yeah" and so on our conversation went smoothly. I was glad I made a friend like her.

It was getting dark and Fal told me he wouldn't be sleeping in our room and that I shouldn't wait up for him. I knew exactly what he got himself into but I was a little bummed that he would choose them over me. I mean he was the one who forced me to hang out with him tonight and he bailed.

I sound like a jealous boyfriend but it's true, this was suppose to be a guy vacation. I would be more angered with his impromptu decision but I wasn't having such a horrible time with Samantha.

"Its getting late, so I should go" Samantha said as she stood up. "Yeah, thanks for keeping me company"I said as I stood up myself.

"You kept me company too and bought me several drinks, I should thank you." She said as she gave me a hug and our lips lightly touched which was my mistake for shifting as that was supposed to be a kiss on the cheek.

She giggled "I'm sorry, have a good night."she smile walking away. "Goodnight" I waved back. What surprised me was that the events that surpassed me made me for once not think about Amanda.

Maybe for once Fal was right. She wasn't worth it but life wasn't so generous enough to take my heart back from her because even oceans apart, I feel my heart beating for her.

Why do I have to be so in love I'm only 22, my thoughts cried as I waked back to my room.

I got in and on the champaign table was a note that said

Hy I'm sorry I bailed
I'll make it up to you
You seemed like you were in good company, hope she treats you well.

-Fal

*******************

Weliqueen💋