chapter 24

Amanda's POV

Right after I got the message. I ran to Dezi's car with the milkshake in my hand. I finally got there and told her to drive home fast.

I didn't have to explain anything to her. It seemed like she got the message because of her nod and the way she stepped on the gas.

I finally got home and I rushed out of the car leaving my milkshake. Realizing what I did I quickly ran back.

"No man left behind." I said as took it before I went upstairs. I changed into a blue jean with a simple shirt with a thin coat. I paired it with my black converses, took my milkshake and went downstairs.

I continuously began to sip it trying to get all the goodness out before I left.

" Amanda in that pace you'll have to first go to the ladies room before you leave." Dezi said sitting on the couch watching me move up and down.

"Fine I'll go, but just because you forced me." I heard her sigh before I left.

I quickly finished and went to Dezi as I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Did you wash your hands?"

I looked at her "I'm not a child Dezi of course I washed my hands."

"Okay then thanks for the kiss, bye and please don't do anything stupid." I laughed "What could I possibly do?" I waited for her answer but she just gave me that look.

"Eew no Dezi, you're too much " I said as I took my car keys and left. I drove to his house. I never really knew if this was where he wanted to meet because his text didn't give detail.

I quickly got there and just sat, fumbling in my car. Have you ever drove and when you parked, had the slightest clue how the drive was.

I checked myself before I stood up and got in the building. As I did I heard someone playing the piano and I knew he was there. A sense of nerves built up in me as I hesitantly walked to the door.

He was by his piano. He looked so indulged in the moment. As much as my nerves built up, a smile slowly found its way onto my mouth just by watching him.

But when he noticed me his eyes got softer and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

********
********

She walked in the door and slowly closed it as he walked slowly towards her restraining himself from running to her and accidentally pushing her too hard that a moment like this could be ruined.

She walked closer until they were meters apart but he fastened his pace grabbing her on her hips.

"Days without you have been hell, you know that."he said as sort of a way to break the ice.

"I missed you too, a lot"she said as she hugged him tightly, her head laying gently against his neck.

He enhaled her scent deeply trying to get every ounce of her in himself. "I've missed your smell, your hair, I've missed that smile, those eyes, I even missed the way you slapped me."

She laughed as a memory flashed in her eyes, "Oh and that laugh, I'd pay for that." He continued making her smile but eventually it faded.

"I'm sorry for breaking up with you, I didn't want to." she said into him but he didn't want to hear that. He wanted to move past it. And somehow forget it ever happened.

"No honey don't think about that, we're together now, I won't leave you..ever" he said as he tried making her feel better.

"I love you John" she said but before he could say it back, she kissed him lightly.