chapter 6

John's POV

He barged in while I was still sitting on the couch drowned in my own sadness. I couldn't even smile back. My feelings enveloped me into a state of emotionless matter.

"Hy man what happened it looks like you've been hit by a bus," he said as he sat beside me. I just looked at him hoping he'd get the picture that I didn't want to talk about it not now.

"Ohk just tell me what happened." he continued but this time he put his hand on my lap causing me to look up to him.

"If I wanted to talk I would've called up a psychologist." Ohk that was rude of me but I wasn't in the mood, at all.

"Well you don't have to be rude about it, you called me up for something and I'm sure you just didn't want a person you could let your frustrations out on."

He was right.

"I'm sorry ohk, I just need to take my mind of things and you're the perfect person to help me." I apologeticly replied.

"You got that right, so come with me," he said reaching out his hand to pull me up. "Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

" Trust me all you need to know is that it'll help and maybe you might forget a little about the person causing you this pain."

********

We came out of his car arriving to a place that looked like uh..I'm not really sure. It was in a neigbourhood I wasn't familiar of.

"What is this place?" I looked back at my buddy who wouldn't tell me anything about the place all through the car ride, I just need to get more information.

He looked at me in silence, it seemed like he was afraid of what I'd think. "Its a brothel" he mumbled.

"What?" I said "You know I can't hear a thing if you mumble."

He took a deep breath and held out one of his hands on my shoulder with the other on the steering.

"It's a brothel, you know where you get prostit..."

I didn't realize my mouth was wide open until words escaped my mouth. "What the hell bro, I ask you to help me take my mind of things and you want me to shag people I don't even know, what the hell!"

He got out of the car.

He began to laugh so hard. Holding his stomach bending over. "You're laughing, really?" I blurred out. I didn't see the humour.

He began to compose himself. "Aahh bro you should've seen your face, you think I would actually take you to such a place, you undermine me, I know you"

He played me. I felt like punching him were it hurts but he could do it back to me. I tackled him hard but he just kept laughing. If I wasn't the victim I would be laughing too and soon we both started laughing at each other.

This actually made me feel better but we came here for a reason.
"Why are we here really?" I asked. "Come with me." He said as he walked to the door and eventually in. It was so fancy, people enjoying their dinner. "Awww Fal, you treating me to dinner, aawww you shouldn't have, I feel so loved" I said over dramatizing it with my hand in my heart.

"No bro, I brought you here because you my man are going to perform for the geysers."

"What." I commented realizing what he actually wanted me to do. "Come on, I know you. You let your emotions out through playing. You never talk but you always feel better after you play. So go ahead."

I walked up to the stage while people clapped for me. I guess they were expecting me. I positioned myself and began to lose myself to the piano.

There was no argument to the fact that I loved her. It didn't hurt that she loved someone else. Maybe it would have been better if I told her how I felt before she left.

I always had her in my heart. Wishing one day she would turn back and hug me tightly and tell me she would always be here with me. I decided to play Sam Smith lay me down.

Yes, I do, I believe
That one day I will be
Where I was right there
Right next to you

And it's hard
The days just seem so dark
The moon and the stars
Are nothing without you

Your touch, your skin
Where do I begin?
No words can explain
The way I'm missing you

Deny this emptiness
This hole that I'm inside
These tears
They tell their own story

Told me not to cry when you were gone
But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong

Can I lay by your side?
Next to you, you
And make sure you're alright
I'll take care of you
I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight

God was this song made for me or what. Right when my hands left the piano. I began to feel the presence of everyone clapping their hands.

I never really realise the crowd when I'm playing in my own world of emotions. I close my eyes and let my hands take control. Sounds so corny right. Well I guess I am

I climbed down the stairs to where Fal was standing. He patted me at the back " Better?". I looked at him smiled

"Better"

"But why would you go through all this when I have a piano at home?" I asked curiously. He hit me at the back of my head. "I mean seriously, we could've done this at home."

"You're so ungrateful you know, just shut up, I did all this and you can't even say thank you" he stated wiping his fake tears away.

"Ohk I'm sorry, thanks , so can we go home now, well you go to your own home and you take me back to my place."

"Cool bro" he replied as we went back to the car.

I finally arrived to my peaceful home. I got out of the car, closed the door and looked back at him.

"Thanks again you know for the outing, it helped. He smiled and replied "What are friends for anyways."

He drove off while I stood there waving in the darkness of the night. The sky was beautiful. I looked far into the distance thinking how peacefully Ama could be sleeping. Or maybe she has friends over. But I was glad she made her passion her reality.

I smiled to myself as I walked back to the house.

Mm...yeah I'm better

******************************************************************

Johns a sweetheart isn't he, too sweet for my liking. I gatta make him a bit macho.

Like what you reading

Pls

Vote

Comment

Share

I just want to shout out to my grandfather, because I know I'll see him again in another life. I'm sure he is happy were he is. Until then ,RIP🙏
💋weliqueen