chapter 36

John's POV

I fixed my tie once again. Not getting the angle right.

It must've just been the nerves. I was never bad at these things.

I gave my reflection one last look before I headed downstairs. Ama was in another bedroom getting ready with her stylists. When all I needed was myself and a suit she wanted to make no mistake on how she looked. But if it were up to me, she could wear anything she liked and it would still look beautiful on her. She was just naturally beautiful, exquisite.

The house was awfully quite in the morning and since the staff hadn't arrived for the day, it was as still as a church mouse. The constant tapping of my shoes as I walked was the only thing I could here. Not even Ama.

I made pancakes, making sure I didn't stain my suit but I had to make breakfast. I made them as fast as I could because I didn't want us running late.

"Babe" I called out. Go.d I loved how I could do that.

"Babe" I called again.

"Yes" she shouted on my second call.

"We need to be leaving" I shouted back.

"Patience is a virtue" she said as she came into view.

Anyone with eyes would be starstruck. How she could look more beautiful everyday was a mystery. Her hair was straightened down but jelled on the sides, her makeup was dark but it still had class. Her black slim fit dress complimented her body so perfectly.

"Isn't it?" she asked as she laughed twirling around.

"You keep stealing my breath away" I smiled as I moved closer to her.

"As long as you don't die on me John Flinch." She said as she fixed my collar.

"I wouldn't think of it" I said as I kissed on her on the lip and took her by the hand.

"Come on, you have to eat something before we go" I began dishing out the pancakes with chocolate sauce for her.

"Ooh yum" she squealed as she carefully sat down straitening her dress before she began eating.

We quickly finished and left for the event. It was still morinig and yet I felt nervous already for what was coming next.

***
_________________________________

John appeared in the crowd looking for his girlfriend that should've been back from the bathroom.

Him saying their intro and first session was a success was him just plainly telling the truth. People loved the duo and they showed passion on that stage. The right type of passion of course.

"And I thought I lost my girlfriend" John said as he wrapped an arm around her waist coming more into view.

"You would never" Ama joked as her parents gave a smile towards the couple. Her hand slowly made its way to his as he finally acknowledged her parent's presence.

John quickly gave her mom a warm hug and her dad a handshake.

"That was absolutely beautiful" Rose said as he broke away from the hug.

"Truly fantastic" Darrick said flashing a smile.

"Thank you, I definitely couldn't do it without your beautiful, talented daughter and really I'm truly blessed to have her and for you trusting me with her, so thank you" John said to them completely with gratitude. He could feel his left hand sweating in his pocket but he shrugged the feeling off .

"I'm so happy to hear that" Rose answered.

"If my daughter is happy with you. I'm a happy father. Thank you for taking care of her, at home and at the workplace." He added and John could only feel so welcomed by the hospitality her parents had given him. Her parent's were really happy that she had found someone to spend the rest of her life with and they would never intend to ruin that in some way.