chapter 16

John's POV

All my bags are packed. Everything I need,yes. I thought as I'm busy checking through everything. Companion?yes. Not the person I wanted but yes. Fal wouldn't look so good in a bikini, trust me.

I took my luggage. Put my security on and left. I'd meet Fal there.

I couldn't leave without first doing something. What I was about to do was stupid, but my feet and hands listened to my hearts commands.

I drove to the house and just looked at it. I sighed. My Ama.

My thoughts were silent until I saw a man come out of his car with flowers in his hands. Life just punched me in the face. How could I have not thought of it.

She dumped me for him. Well I hope he brings her happiness. My thoughts kept rambling. After what he did to her. I couldn't imagine her taking him back like that.

I checked the time and realized I'd be late for my flight. I drove off to the airport. My heart stinged but my tears were dried out. I couldn't cry anymore for her. Fal told me on numerous occasions that she would be my downfall. But I knew that, just not the crying, heart aching, and pain part.

I really do need this vacation. Maybe I'll find myself an Australian girl....no way, you can't just always live in the moment, because then what will happen when I return. Long distance relationships, no thank you.

I'd be loyal but I can't trust so easily.

I got the airport. Gave my car keys to the man who Greg had organized to take back my car. I saw Fal walking towards my direction.

: hy bro, how you.

: I'm great but I'm guessing you're not.

: am I that readable

: not really but I just know you and we'll be late, will talk on the plane.

I nodded but paused.

: hey what'd you come here with?

:a taxi.

I just looked at him unbelievingly.

:what, I couldn't come with my car, who would take it back?

:you mean like how I came with my car and how it was taken back by someone else.

: you know there's a difference between you and I. Rich. He pointed at me. Poor. He pointed back at himself.

I shoved him lightly as I laughed.
We got in the the airport. We did all the regulations and now we were on the plane.

"You gonna tell me now what's going on." He said as he looked up to.

"I just needed a vacation."
"Without Amanda?" He just had to say her name.

"Yes without her." I blankly said. "And why is that, I thought you were going great."

"Yes we were, it was just a little argument and I need time to think and I didn't want to bother her coming because her brothers are back in town."

"You sure that's it?" He said too close for my taste like he was waiting for me to break.

" of course "
He moved back nodding his head until he put his ear phones in his ears.

That wasn't technically lying. I mean I did mention an argument right.

I asked for a magazine just to have a little distraction. Was it right for me to lie to my best friend. No as I said it wasn't lying. I'll tell him the complete truth when I feel it's time.

I looked at him. Arg fine.

"Fal, Fal" I kept shoving him until I realized he was sleeping. Ooh I guess he had a long night yesterday. I laughed to myself.

****************

Amanda's POV

It's been a day since I talked to him. Well a few hours but still. After I broke it off I needed to see if he was ohk. So I went to his house but in the excuse if checking if we were still fine business related.

He was a mess. And it hurt me that I caused it. I wish I could tell him the truth. I wish I could heal his broken heart. Hug him, comfort him, kiss him, just fucking be with him. I sighed a breath I didn't know I kept in for so long while thinking about him.

I wiped the tears threatening to come down.

Knock knock.

My heart raced at the thought of it being John. But I'm sure after the words I beat him up with. He would be the last person to show up.

I readied myself. Pushed my hair back a little with my hands and walked up to the door.

As I opened it, I closed it as fast as I opened it but he put his foot in the door. And he opened it. I moved back very quickly.

"What are you doing here huh," I threw him with my lounge pillows.

"Don't you think you've caused enough damage in my life." I continued.

"What are talking about?" He asked clueless.

"Oh so you didn't come here three days ago." Before he could say anything I continued. "No shut up, you took away what was most right in my world. What I love."

"Amanda please I don't know what you're talking about. Why are you like this. Don't say that the little violent misunderstanding where your boyfriend or whatever had to come and save the day is the cause of all of this. Come on,I've already apologized for it. When will you let it go."

I laughed slightly. "You're unbelievable, you have the audesity to lie to my face, to come here. David I don't want to see you ever again, get out."

"Amanda tell me what I did. The last thing I got from you was that punch to my nose, and I put that past me, I'm not even going to beat up John for it because he was protecting you at the time. I just came to see if you're any better."

"Get out David." Tears began to fall but I was more angry than ever that he couldn't confess his doings. I hated him.

"Fine I'll give you some time."with that he left but he put the flowers on the floor.

I stepped them so hard like it was a mode to relieve the anguish, pain and the sadness in me.

Knock knock.

I opened it with full force.

"I told you to.." I stopped shouting as I saw who it was.

"Dezi" I smiled weakly as I fell into her arms and my eyes closed.

***********

Weliqueen💋