chapter 34

"I just need you to come with me, I can't ask anyone else. You know John might freak out about something like this and besides after that we can go to the beach again, what'd you say." I asked already packing everything I might need for the day. I knew she'd agree, she had no choice.

I heard mumbles through the phone before she sighed out a yes.

"Perfect, I'll pick you up at my house." I answered.

I didn't mind that Dezi lived at my house, she was keeping it safe and who else could I have trusted then my best friend to maintain it.

"You leaving?" John came in the room casually.

"Yes, I just thought Dezi and I could have a girls day out, at the beach or something." I said casually.

He furrowed his brow.

"In your bikini's?" He asked almost silently.

"Yes well, it just depends if I'm feeling up to it. I might just keep my shirt on with this scar." I laughed trying to raise the mood but I completely dragged it down.

Me and my big mouth, I was never good at jokes. I should've just listened to my dad.

He's face was filled with guilt. No, this was not what I wanted but he came closer holding my hand as he landed his head against mine.

"I'm sorry" he whispered against me.

"John.." I began

"Don't, this is all my fault. You having that scar, having to hide."

"But the thing is I'm not hiding, I don't feel the need to hide myself. John, you can't blame yourself for something that was out of your hands. I'm telling you I won't be another statistic, this scar is part of me and I don't mind it. And if I don't you shouldn't either." I breathed out with my eyes closed.

"god I love you" he whispered back as I caressed his face.

"I love you too, a lot" I said as he pressed his lips against mine.

John and I shared a lot of moments like these, too many to count. But I never got used to the butterflies that fluttered in my stomach or how I couldn't feel my knees anymore after his kisses.

"I" I tried saying. "I...I need to go" I laughed through his kisses.

"Do you really have to" he said, his eyes still full of passion.

"Yes honey." I pushed him off me.

"But I'll be back because I love you." I winked as I gave him one last kiss before I went downstairs.

I took my keys and jacket and off I was to the house I missed so much.

********

I rolled up at the gate as they opened almost immediately.

"Ms Moset, we miss you a lot." Dereld said by the security house.

"I miss you guys too but I'll always come back, this is my house still and you guys have become my family."

"Thank you ma'am, that means a lot to us staff. We'll call Dezi out." He smiled as I returned it.

As he dialed numbers on his phone, I continued smiling at him. His face was still as charming as when we met.

But my eyes shifted to Dezi running to my car with one of her shoes in her hand.

She's still as late as ever.

"I'm here." She said frantically as she hopped in the passenger seat.

"I even gave you a head start and still you're late." I stated.